Jessica Louise Born 04/09/07 at 4:37am

babyroo

Reaction score
It all started with this post http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 9&start=30
I had irregular contractions for a couple of hours it turned out, I just could'nt believe I was in labour. The contractions became regular at about 9:15pm and were coming every 4 mins and lasting about 50 secs. I rang the Midwife led unit at that point and was advised the usual of paracetamol and a warm bath and also told don't expect it to be too quick because it was my first baby. I went off into the bath at that point the contractions seemed to get more intense and started sounding like Jim from the Vicar of Dibley saying " No, No, No, No, No......" for the length of each contraction to the amusement of my Husband. I got out of the bath after about an hour and started bouncing on my ball (this really helped) the contractions got closer together and by about 11:30pm they were about 2mins apart so after a phone call to the unit . Off I went ,had about 4 contractions in the car (horrible) , got there and was examined at 12 o'clock and was shocked to be told that I was already 8cm dilated :shock: , The midwife could'nt believe it either. Things seemed to slow down from that point , midwife was with me all the time trying to encourage me to move around etc. but I totally went into myself , did'nt want to talk to anyone or anything just have my husband hold my hand. I did'nt have any pain relief, tried gas and air but could'nt use it with my breathing pattern which got me through to that stage. It got to about 3am and midwife examined me because I wanted to started pushing she said I was fully dilated but waters had'nt broken so she broke my waters and then all hell let loose. Unfortunately Jessica had her first poo and her heartbeat had dropped so I was told I would be transferred to the hospital about 20 mins away . In the mean time while waiting for the ambulance I was told to push and push but did'nt progress any further at the unit. The Ambulance came and was put very uncomfortably on a trolley and I was in so much pain , unfortunately my husband had to drive over to the other hospital by himself and I was so worried about him and our baby. I remember saying to the midwife in the ambulance "I'm soo frightened " she reasurred me as much as she could. The journey seemed to take ages and with every contraction was still pushing but it was so hard in the position I was in. Got to the hospital where the contractions slowed down a bit , my husband arrived about 5 mins after me, thank god it was'nt any longer. The doctor came and said to me you have 10 mins to get the baby out by yourself , which put the fear of god into me. She did an internal examination on me because she was going to attach the heart monitor to Jessica's head but she said oh the baby just needs a bit more of a push and then baby will be out. That really cheered me , next contraction came and was pushing with all I had and my god talk about the ring of fire . My hubby could see the top of her head and her hair so next contraction was pushing and pushing at this on I shouted "you will come out" and all the people in the room (about 6 medical staff) started laughing , her head came out and then very quickly the rest of her followed. She was put on my tummy and I said "it's a boy" the midwife said look again and then I said "It's a girl" in my defence she was upside down on me and could on see her bum. She was absolutely fine , covered in poo but absolutely perfect. I had to give her to be cleaned and then she was passed to my husband to hold while I was stitched (i had a 2nd degree tear in perinium and labia) and I was shocked that I had to use the gas and air at this point.
Nothing can prepare you for the rush of love you feel as soon as you cuddle your LO. It is just fantastic and worth every bit of pain.

oh wow, u did really well! congratulations glad ur both well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back