Oliver Raymond born 27/04/2007

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
not had much spare time, but thought i'd let all of you girls know that i have had a gorgeous, beautiful baby boy on friday night 23.32pm

he was born by water birth and i had just gas and air :D fantastic stuff :lol:

i got 1st contractions at 7am friday you may have seen my ???????????? topic in 3rd tri, they gradually got closer together and i went for a walk at 3pm to pick up my sisters from school, by this time they were 10 mins apart and varying a bit

eventually went to hospital at 7 or 8 oclock as they kept telling me to go in when the contractions were a bit closer together and longer, i eventually got checked over and by 10 to 10.30 i was 6cm and had a show just after being examed.

my back was killing by this point, then i walked up to the delivery ward and was told i could have a try at the water birthing pool and i would have tried anything by then, seemed to take ages to fill up, got in by this time was about 11pm, started sucking on the gas and air and felt an urge to push like i needed a bad poo :oops: :shock:

every time i pushed i could feel like a balloon down below, i told that midwife and she said it was my waters that wouldn't break, so she asked if she could break them, i said yes 'of course'

the midwife kept saying one more push every time, it pees you off a bit :lol:

any way i pushed and it felt like it was burning at the very front of my nether regions :oops: and his head came out.

i had a good feel and apparently there was a good 10 min break between that and the next contraction and then out came little Oliver.

start to finish in established labour i was around 4 hours 15 :eek: :D

he weighed 7lb 15oz and is the most beautiful baby i have ever seen

Thats brilliant Sartet.....so glad all is going well with your lil chap!! Congratulations on the safe arrival of Oliver :cheer: :cheer:
(looking forward to piccies :cheer: )

Congratulations, sounds like you had a good labour! :hug:

Congratulations i knew youd have him friday!! Im glad one of us did! :lol:

I cant wait for piccies!! Well done for just gas and air! Sounds like a very straight forward birth! Congrats!!! :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations :D

Can't wait for the piccies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back