Jacob's getting tired of being "worn"

moss

Reaction score
:( Jacob is tolerating being in the carrier less and less lately. I have the Close baby carrier and have tried him in all positions, even ones he is supposedly too young for still and he complains in it. He stretches and wriggles to try to get out of it... He used to love it and sleep happily for hours. We have a secondhand Tomy, one of those more like the Baby Bjorn too, but he isn't liking that either. I'm so sad! I love wearing him but it is like he is already trying to express his independence. He's happy in his pram now and laying alone on the floor.

BUT he is very clingy at night now and is unable to fall asleep on his own or sleep in his bed, which we used to put him in at the beginning of the night while we caught up on homework. :/ Did any of you babywearers go through phases of your babies not liking to be worn?

Finlay only whinged when he is tired - as he won't sleep in the sling for some reason.

Don't have any advice though sorry :(

Finn never really liked being confined in a sling or carrier so we never really used it very much either.

Ophelia is acting the same way, the past 2 times she has protested being in the sling and ended up having to carry her, I do hope its a phase :( :hug:

I'll be devastated if it isntt just a phase because I love being a baby wearer. I like to use his pram sometimes- like in very bad weather, when I'm especially tired, etc, but it's great to put him in the carrier, especially around the house.

:hug: Aww hun, i can think of several things. One is, could he be too hot/cold? Sometimes it is the type of sling...i would never recommend the baby bjorn type, as i find them soooo uncomfy for both of us. Have you got a kari me or me tai type sling? the kari me is great at that age as it is really stretchy, so the baby doesnt feel so confined, but secure. Why dont you talk to Melanie...she is the expert around here!!! Melanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you around????? :lol:

:hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back