• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob has found his.......

Lindsay

Reaction score
THUMB and is making life so much easier :D

As you all know I have been having problems at bedtime getting him to go to sleep on his own, he is now able to sooth himself to sleep with his thumb. Last night he went to sleep at 10pm on his own and didn't wake till 5.20am. When I went in to see him he was happily lying with his thumb in his mouth but my boob was so sore and hard I had to get him up for a feed, my only worry now is that he won't want feeding as much and my milk will dry up ... my DH says I am not happy if I haven't got something to worry about :?

Xxx

LOL @ your husband!

I'm sure he won't starve himself, I know what you mean, it appears to you he's gone from feeding loads to only feeding when he needs it.
You might find that when he was sucking before it was just for comfort and he wasn't taking that much milk.
He'll take when he needs and your supply will adjust accordingly, don't worry :)

Bless, wondered what I was going to find out when I opened this thread :rotfl:

Your boobs will adjust, when Ella started sleeping through I used to have to take a towel to bed with me and express at 4am as they were so full and uncomfortable. Now they only get full and uncomfy if she hasn't fed off them for 12 hours :)

:rotfl: Kina, he's a bit young for that yet, lol!!!!!!!!

Xxx

Lindsay said:
:rotfl: Kina, he's a bit young for that yet, lol!!!!!!!!

Xxx

Well I didn't know :lol: :oops: thought he might have been grabbing around during nappy change!

I saw some pee pee teepees the other day (totally off topic). How am I going to cope if this one is a boy?? :rotfl:

Hi

Oh thats great and not to worry if he sleeps through your milk will prob just decrease slightly as hes not eating as much at night but will go back up as he eats more.
Katrina

Last night he slept from 9pm - 6am - Is this the same baby?!!!!! I can't believe how much he has settled.

pee pee teepees - sound cool where did you see them? We have had numerous accidents on the changing mat and it goes everywhere :rotfl:

Xxx

I *think* in Mother & Baby magazine (though could have been preg and birth). Will have to double check for you!

lindsay be careful with letting jacob suck his thumb it took us ages to stop kieran, eventually did it when he was 6.

I sucked my thumb as a baby and stopped myself when I turned 3 - so hopefully he will take after me!!! I work with a lady who is in her 40's and still sucks her thumb now - I see her sitting at her desk with it in her mouth and her fingers stroking her nose :shock:

Xxx

My auntie used to suck her finger and it's a funny shape now :shock: :lol:

Hi

Lol its funny how poeple cant let go of things liek sucking there thumbs
Katrina

Once Oliver found his thumb he stopped waking every two ours for a feed at night too.

Jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back