Jack Ryan Jeffs 07/03/07 :)

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
Well... where to start.. i woke up at 2:30am on the 6th with wet knickers :oops: though i never had a gush of waters they were just leaking, its weird how it really did feel like i was wetting myself lol.

but i wasnt having any pains/contractions so i woke up my husband and told him, but said we might as well wait till the morning to ring up the delivery suite. so i rung them first thing and they said to come in coz of my blood pressure, to make sure that it was okay.

anyway they did an internal and said that it was defently my waters and that i was 1 cm dialated.. but still no pains. so they said that if i didnt start having contractions they would induce me at 8pm that night. so they sent me home and i came back later.

but in the end they didnt induce me just gave me a membrane sweep and i had a bloody show and they were going to put me on a drip in the morning if i didnt progress. then at 1:30 am i woke up with contractions every 7 minutes which were just mainly really bad back pain. so they gave me some pain killers and told me to have a bath. so i did. but i didnt really help :(.

So at 9 they sent me to the delivery suite and Bob got there just after they'd moved me. they did another internal and i was 4 cms so they decided to not give me a drip and just see how i progressed. by 6cms i started on the gas and air now thats great stuff :) you just felt so drunk that u didnt care about the pain.

at about 3:30 they were about to have a shift change and they said if i hadnt got to 8 cms then they were going to put me on a drip, but they were surprised to see that i was nearly 9cms and they thought i was handling it really well :D lol. though i cant say i agreed at this point i really wanted some other pain relief but it was kinda too late. but bob and the midwife were really encouraging and shortly after she told me to start pushing.. it was so frustrating, it took ages to push the head out coz it kept slipping back in :( but finally did at about half 4, that really was the most painful part ever, and then only one push for his body.

And Jack Ryan Jeffs was born at 16:37

on my actual due date 07/03/07

weighing a wooping 8 Ib 12 oz

i couldnt believe how much he weighed lol.

i had to stay in hospital for a couple of days to make sure that my bp was back to normal. plus they were a bit worried about how much i was bleeding,it was kinda gushing :shock: (sorry tmi). and jack wasnt feeding to start with :( but he seems to have got the hang of it now and we came home last night :)

sorry its long, and thanks jaidy for keeping everyone updated :)

Jack's First Picture
100_2924.jpg

Jack with Mummy
100_2925.jpg

Jack with Daddy
100_2928.jpg

100_2931.jpg

Well Done claire......& what a prompt lil chap!! He's gorgeous.........glad to hear all is ok and you are home :hug: :cheer:

A massive congratulations, he is a lovely weight.

When you was pushing the head out was it like a match was being lit down there?? I had an epidural but so many of my friends said it was :shock: :shock:

congratulations sweety well done -xx- sorry bit ot i notice your from loewstoft what hospital did you go to?

WELL DONE YOU!!! :cheer:
He is absolutely gorgeous!
Daddy looks sooo proud what a lovely picture!

congrats claire .he looks massive :shock: maybe thats coz my due dates only 7 weeks away now.

glad you are both doing well

Eveadel said:
A massive congratulations, he is a lovely weight.

When you was pushing the head out was it like a match was being lit down there?? I had an epidural but so many of my friends said it was :shock: :shock:

hmm not sure about that... id say it was like having really bad constipation and trying to push out a watermelon lol.. tho i guess it cud have been a burning sensation too.. a flaming watermelon :rotfl:

Flossy82 said:
congratulations sweety well done -xx- sorry bit ot i notice your from loewstoft what hospital did you go to?

hey we went to James Paget Hospital, is that near you? xx

cloud9 said:
congrats claire .he looks massive :shock: maybe thats coz my due dates only 7 weeks away now.

glad you are both doing well

lol he looked rather big to me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back