28 1/2 hours later.............

lulu

Reaction score
...........along comes 'Jack!'

Jackat1hourold2.jpg

P12-07-05_13.jpg

sleepingsoftly.jpg

Hi Guys, sorry its taken a while to announce the arrival of 'Jack', had to stay in hospital for a few days and its been hectic since arriving home!

I was in labour for 28 1/2 hours, Jack was back to back and there were a few problems....my cervix wasnt dilating and as well as having thick and fast contractions, Jack was trying to move around.

I managed on the 'tens machine' alone to start with but it got very painful, I also had 'meptid' and 'gas and air' (gas and air was great!!!)

It was found out that I had a 'strep b' infection also, which could cause Jack to have meningitus so I had to have 2 lots of antibiotics through a drip during labour.

At 11 0 clock Friday night my partner went home for a rest as things were not going as they should and they said it would be a while......at 2 o clock they had to get my partner back in as I was very distressed and being very sick.

I tried a bath but that didnt help, I was taken down to Labour ward at about 6am where they did another examination, things still werent progressing so they put me on a drip to speed up contractions and hopefully get my waters to break.

I was so tired after having painful contractions so frequently for so long.

At 12 o clock saturday they examined me to try and break my waters where it was revealed that they had already gone!!!
:shock: :?
Contractions were very thick and fast and I was in so much pain but eventually after an hour and a half of pushing and being sick :shock: and 2 cuts (inside and out) Jack was finally born!

I lost alot of blood and had to have stitches. (still very sore)

The problems didnt stop there though, I was told that my white blood cells were too high and I had an infection. Jack also had high thyroid and was Jaundice.

We both had to stay in to be monitored, Jack had to wear a 'Billy blanket' for Photo therapy...... he looked like a 'glow bug!'

We were finally allowed home yesterday at 2 o clock!

He is gorgeous and I cant believe what an amazing experience it all was.

Hope every one else is all well and babies doing well! x

Sorry...forgot to say.....he weighed 8lb 10 1/2, was 53 1/2cm long.

Awww bless sorry to hear you had such a nightmare labour!!

Well done though mate - he is absolutely gorgeous. Hope you're feeling better soon xxxx

how much did he weigh??

CONGRATULATIONS!! ouch thou the cutting doesnt sound too good!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

He is gorgeous you must be very proud! glad you are both home!

steph x

Congrats hun!

hope you feel better soon

xxx

He weighed 8lb 10 1/2, and was 53 1/2cm long.

:D CONGRATULATIONS Lulu!!! :D
Sounds like you had a rough time of it, hope you are feeling a bit better.
I'm sure it was all worth it though! Jack is gorgeous! Take care. xx

Congratulations, I love baby Jack's pout on the second photo, he is gorgeous. xxxxx

congratulations lulu and hubby :D :D :D :D

what a time and a half you had.

baby Jack is absolutely beautiful and what a great head of hair he has got.

well done hun. what a great pressie for christmas.

x

What a cutie. :D

So sorry to hear you had a rough time, but I'm sure it will all be forgotten about soon.

He's beautiful, well done!

many congratulations! jack is gorgeous!! :D

Lulu what a little honey he is!! Beautiful! Sorry to hear about the rough time you had but looking at him, it makes it all worth it.

Sending big hugs to you all xxxx :lol:

hes lovely congratulations hunny xxxxxxxx

Hello

Congradulations, on your new arrival Jack hope your next few days arent that crazy.
also hope you feel better and get some rest.
Katrina

Aw bless he's gorgeous and what big hands he has! No wonder you had a couple of cuts, I hope he didn't come out waving!

Sorry to hear that you had a rough labour, he looks more than worth it though :D

Awww Bless Jack is adorable and sorry you had such a long labour but sure he is worth single minute !!!!

Congratulations !!!!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations to you on your new arrival....

What an experience you had, I am glad your partner made it back there in time, that would be a concern of mine, if things were slowing down a little !!

You are a tough one girlie!!! and you have a beautiful little baby as a result.

Also - I love the name Jack!

luv, Tineke

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back