• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack James Daley AKA 'JJ' 1st Feb 2011

Rheych

Reaction score
wow I can't actually believe I am sitting down to write this!! It's pretty long winded and may be slightly graphic so apologies and don't read if you are squeamish :)

So basically on Saturday 29th my Mum came to visit, we were just pottering round getting the last little bits ready. I was feeling particularly fat and bloated and my Mum was messing taking photos on her mobile. She took one particlualry awful shot so I decided to jump on her to get the phone and delete it. I swear that must have done something as I hadn' felt so much as a tiny twinge until then. I was up then through the night weeing like there was no tomorrow and at 8am I woke properly to more than just a little dribble :lol: Went to the hospital to get checked and they said it was definitely waters but they wouldn't do an internal as I wasn't contracting much just regular tightenings that I couldn't feel, told to go home and come back in at 8am for induction. Anyway, went home and just spent the day clock watching with not much happening. My Dad and brother arrived around 7pm and I started to feel the contractions then. At about 1am we went to the hospital as they were very nippy and I thought i would need a bit of g&a to see me through.

I got examined and my cervix was soft but only 3cm, they couldn't admint me but didn't want me to go home so told us to go for a walk and come back in two hours! Cue loads of pacing round the hospital and standing on my tip toes with each cotraction. Went back at 3ish and told still not progressed but not to go home to go an sit in the family day room. We ended up being there until 8am which was the time they had told me to come back for induction. We were took in to one room then another and then finally on to the room where I was to spend the next 16 hours!!

I was hooked up to the drip and monitors (totally not what I had hoped for) and left to get on with it for the day. Got checked at 5pm still only 4cm. They said they would check again at 9ish and see were we were at. I was doing fine on just the gas and air until about 7pm when I felt as though I was being sliced in two on my pubic bone!! OH MY HOLY GOD :shock::lol: I went from calm and collected to possessed mad woman I wanted every drug they could give me, got the pethedine and then about half hour later was begging for the epidural WHAT A RELIEF :oooo: they re-examined me at 9.15 and I was fully dialted WOO HOO I could finally push. Bearing in mind me and OH had been awake since 8am Sunday and we were on 9pm Monday night and both of us were starting to flag and trip out slightly :lol:

anyway the midwife who we started with had finished her shift so the new girl came in, I had obviously been tooting too hard on the gas and air and thought I went to uni with her :fib::lol: slightly embarassing!

I started pushing at about half 9 and aftr about 4 pushes m/w was starting to look worried as babies heartrate was up to 210 (whatever that means?!!) next thing three doctors were in saying baby had turned back to back and could they have a go at turning him? yeah sure i thought.....BUT :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: next thing I can see this doctor with her her full hand and half of her arm up my floo and feel her grab on to poor babies head. No joy, and neither did the next two doctors.

Next thing I knew I was signing form and getting more epidural pumped in to me I was numb from the chest down as they said if they could not turn him and deliver with forceps they'd have to get him out by section. By this point I didn't care what they did so long as he came out soon and safe. I kept my eyes closed for ages and when I finally opened we were in theatre my Lee was in his cscrus and people were shouting various instructions to each other, my legs were hoisted in to stirrups and away we went. Baby did not want to budge (did anyone see one born every minute when it looked like the m/w was going to get her leg on the table for some extra power?!!) well that's what i felt like) 6 mins later out pops the most beautiful little boy EVER and off he was whisked as he wasn't breathing. A few mins later he was back for cuddle with Daddy. I had twelve stitches and am still in loads of pain but I don't care!!

would I do it again? erm, not in a hurry but once the pains have eased maybe :lol:

What do you all think? I think we did a good job :lol::dance:

Attachments

• posing on mummy's birthday.JPG
    posing on mummy's birthday.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 61
  • baby on mummys birthday.JPG
    baby on mummys birthday.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 58
OMG hun he is beautiful!! Sooooo much hair :love: well done hun, time to look after yourself a bit now to recover properly, well done!!!! xxx

Awww goregous pics of both of you! Congratulations xxxxxx

Well done he's gorgeous congratulations Hun xx

Aw hun he's a right little stunner, and what a gorgeous head of hair! Huge congratulations and well done on your labour... All worth it though im sure :) x

aww look at his hair hes cute :)

big respect to any1 who has a forceps delivery i seen O.B.E.M and i was horrified at how hard they actually pull i sat watching it with my legs crossed willing the baby to come quick so she would stop pulling on the babies head
so yes be proud of yourself i think you did fab :)

congrats huni , he's so sweet. My last labour was the same ending in forceps (ouch ) so if you have any questions feel free to ask xxx

oh, he's fab!! Congratulations!! :love:

He is such a cutie - absolutely beautiful. Massive congratulations. xxxx

I LOVE his hair. Gorgeous little boy. Congratulations.

Congrats, sounds like you did really well hun :) take it easy x

He is absolutely gorgeous! I loveee his hair :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back