I've worked myself into a right tiz! What is wrong with me? *Warning* Morbid!

Have you got the babysense II monitor aswell?

With him being in his own room I'm trying to position the breathing monitor in view of the camera monitor so I can see the green light. Its proving difficult!

First baby? I watched Rosie's every breath for her first year I swear. Matt had meningitis when he was 3 months old, it was the worst experience ever but believe me you will know if your baby is unwell - just dont take no for an answer x

No, I've got the tommee tippee one and it's brilliant, am sure they are all very good x

Glad you offloaded Gemma, and feeling back to yourself x

Gemma it is perfectly normal, for the past 3 weeks I have woken myself up in the middle of the night to check Alex is breathing, I have no idea why I have got like this and I am so anxious about leaving him or napping during the day when he is incase something happens. I have been weeping like nobody and all I want to do is hold my baby to know he is ok but I can't do this forever, am glad you posted this as I have been symptom spotting for all kinds and convincing myself something is wrong when there isn't argh mummies you have to love us x

I'm sorry you're suffering, but I'm SO glad it's not just me!

I've been like this ever since I had my son, and it got a LOT worse when I was pg with my daughter. So far this pg, I feel like a pretty "normal" person, but we'll see...

I also have "thoughts" when driving in a car, or fears that I'll "forget" my child in the car...basically anything I see or read in the news becomes my new freakish worry.

This is a little different, but similar in that I turned into pretty much a FREAK worrying. When I was 6 weeks pg with my daughter, I saw a news story where a local 24 yr old girl - Mom to an 18 month old boy already - gave birth to her daughter - and died. I won't even say what the condition was, because no one else needs to go through what I went through, but I googled that sucker almost every day the rest of my pg, and was almost convinced it would happen to me. That led to googling about maternal death in general, etc. I was C.R.A.Z.Y. My husband would get just pissed at me, but I couldn't help it, I was obsessed.

I've felt similarly worried about my infants as well, and also have the AngelCare monitor and that has been helpful.

Now, what REALLY REALLY helped me was MATTRESS WRAPPING. Go Google "New Zealand SIDS study." There's LOTS of information out there on it. They discuss their theory on why SIDS happens, and while it's not "proven" - it's enough for me, VERY compelling evidence. (Not one baby has died in many years in New Zealand on a wrapped mattress.) I wrapped my crib mattress, and I tell you NOTHING else has led to better sleep or more peace for me. Google it and maybe it will help you feel better about that one thing at least! (The wraps are not that expensive, they basically keep babies from breathing in molds/fungi/gases that form just above the mattresses, this is related to fire ******ant chemicals in the mattresses.)

It sucks to not be able to be in complete control all the time, especially in regard to our precious babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back