Playing with newborns

I'd really recommend Lamaze toys they are great value for money. Ethan has played with his since he was newborn and still does now :D He has more for xmas too.xx

I've just been on the Lamaze website! We've got some of their toys without releasing! The toys on there look really good!!

I'm going to go on there on Friday and splash some cash I think! x

i was feeling like that too.. I want to do things with him but not sure what.. I talk to him when his awake.. He loves starring at the wallpaper and faces x

I have the sir prancealot but its a bit big for Harvey at the mo!!! He cant get his hands around it but he loves the colours!! We got him a tomy thing for xmas it goes in the car and it acts like a mirror for you to see him/ him to look at and when he crys it plyas music and has a light show and he loved it in the shop!!

Harvey has his 2 playmats that i alternate but he loves laying on one and i play with his legs/ feet!! Only problem is everytime i change him he thinks i'm going to play with his feet lol!!

I looked at this last night, it looks fab!! Gonna get him one x

I think babies find faces and tracking fascinating so early on. If you have a few toys, or even if it's just keys or something you can move them around to get baby to follow them to strengthen eye muscles and start to reach. Sing and make different expressions. Read to them with lots of different tone and expression in your voice. Let them feel different textures on their face, hands and feet. I don't think babies really need lots of fancy toys, the lamaze and newborn toys are great. I'm trying to find 6 months + toys without batteries, lights, sounds etc. They all seem very plastic :(

This was the first toy Cahal found interesting, since he was about 4weeks old he loved watching the nose light up, and I would sing along to the music for him. Now he's old enough to know that if he presses the nose the music comes on he absolutely loves it!

http://www.elc.co.uk/Light-Sound-Dog-Rattle/113733,default,pd.html

these days he loves his gym, his link teether and anything rattley he can grab and shake. Best buy ever was a padded blue elephant rattle from mothercare, everything Gershwin bashed against his head so being padded it's great lol!

I have the sir prancealot but its a bit big for Harvey at the mo!!! He cant get his hands around it but he loves the colours!!
lol!!

We have sir prancealot too, love the Lamaze stuff - Cahals favourite is Captain Calimari :)

. I don't think babies really need lots of fancy toys, the lamaze and newborn toys are great. I'm trying to find 6 months + toys without batteries, lights, sounds etc. They all seem very plastic :(

try the following sites:

www.storkgifts.co.uk
www.playmerrilytoys.co.uk - this has a lovely soft toy tool box
www.VUPbaby.co.uk - soft fruit and veg toys
www.gltc.co.uk

all the above have lovely soft toys for up to 2 years and i am very tempted to buy loads for Harvey!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back