Gender prediction by scan - right or wrong?

Tan

Reaction score
Hi all, Sorry to crash your new mummies bit but thought I should post in here aswell as 3rd tri!

Have been worrying that when they told us at the scan that we are having a girl that they might have actually got it wrong. Does anyone know how commen this is :?:

I think i'm paranoid cause i've been having reflexology and she's pretty good at telling me whats wrong with me and my past medical issues etc and she thinks it will be a boy so I was wondering if secretly somehow she knows!!! My best friend asked how accurate it is too and I said it must be pretty accurate cause i've never heard of anyone myself where it was wrong, but she said she knew of two people (she is a reception class teacher though so she comes into contact with mums regularly!)

I had a feeling from the start though that it would be a girl which we are both really really really happy about but now i'm worried that i've bought pink stuff and it will all be wrong! We haven't told anyone else (apart from my best friend) so I can't talk to anyone about it :wall: !

What do you think :think: ?

Tan x

Hiya Tan

How sure were they at the scan? Could you see it yourself?

Well, she didn't say she wasn't sure but it had on my notes "foetus appears to be female" and that made me worry! She showed us three white dot/line type bits which she said makes it female but I don't have scan pictures etc to compare it with!

Tan x

My scan was correct to, the normal 2d one and the 4D one. Mind you it didnt stop me thinking that it might grow a little thingy!!!! I was convinced it was a boy!!!!!

Mine was right. it said female fetus on my notes.

Hi

Mine was right he said it appears to be a girl and was right yay. Good luck.
Katrina

mine was right but i know someone who was told they were having boy had a girl, also the women in mothercare told my mum she would be surprised at the amount of stuff that gets taken back because the baby was the opposite sex to what they were told :shock:

mine was right, at first she looked and said i think i can see its a boy, she said not certain thou, so at the end of the scan i asked her to look again then she said "oh yes thats a lil boy" :)

Hi Tan,

When i was having brooke they told us she "looked" like a girl and thats all they would give me! They where right tho!

This time they have given me 99% at all three scans and on the 28 weeks one we even saw her little bits lol! So we are pretty sure they are right!

I always thought they they are more likely to get it wrong if they have said its a boy because they get it mixed up with the cord, but who kno's!

One thing i do kno tho is that with my niece my sister was told they was 70% sure she was ahving a boy and she had a girl!

Hope this puts your mind at rest, untill my 28 week scan i was thinking and even dreaming that my little one was a boy lol!

Mine was right but they couldn't tell very much in every scan i had but i always had a feeling that i was having a girl, why don't you just get white clothes and then when the baby is born you could buy other clothes.

I was told it was a girl and she said look there and pointed to something but Im not sure what, she didnt explain! so she seemed pretty sure it was a girl. I will never forget that day I was so happy I was getting ym little girl, next time I want a boy lol

hi all though i never found out what i was having with my son, at the time when i was in labour with him an they do internals, the mw said to me i think ur having a boy, i dunno how she knew maybe it was on my notes, anyway my point is i think they know, just they dont want to commit themselfs to it just incase!

It was right for me. I also heard the stories about people who'd had a zillion scans, told it was 1 sex then had the other. TBH I think the chances are so slim of it being wrong. I was still worried it was wrong even when I was in labour :lol: Remember asking what her heartrate was and being told it was in the 130s and wailing 'but that's a boys heartrate, it's meant to be a girl!'.

I'm so glad its not just me thats paranoid!!!! Thanks for all your replies girls! I've decided to just say 'sod it' and carry on with the pink purchases. If I don't then I haven't got anything to buy cause I have all the neutral stuff from first time round and I can't exactly not shop can I? It's not in my nature!!!

Tan x

I didnt find out but my OH knew it was a girl because without sounding to crude on the scan he was sure he saw 2 bollocks & it was a boy but he saw in one of my pregnancy books that explained scans infact it was the flaps !
I didnt notice so cant explain but if you saw 2 round things its a girl !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back