I've just ordered....

I was going to ask about this! mine is getting abit tight! did you just get a bigger one? or is there proper maternity ones? Can see mine popping out at one stage and don't want to go through getting it re done! (Although it was 10 years ago I can't even remember if it was painful!) :lol:

The maternity ones (or if you have to have Xrays or hospital treatment that requires you remove them) are made of PTFA which is a hypoallergenic, flexible plastic that moves with your changing shape.

I used to work in a piercing shop :oops:

Cute bar by the way. I am interested, did you have to go up a size (i.e. from 10mm to 12mm say) or is it just the fact that the skin is stretching tighter? I don't have my navel pierced (never had the guts for it!) but have often wondered if your size changes during pregnancy.

Oh er . . my MW told me to take mine out and put a plastic tube in to stop it closing up. I didn't bother with the tube as I've had the piercing for about 12 years now but it is stretching W-I-D-E! :think:

Mine is one of the plasticy ones - I've posted the link above for those who are interested!

I bought one that was a couple of sizes bigger than the one I was wearing before. The website has some quite handy hints about choosing the right one. In general, I think you have to keep replacing it as you get bigger - but they are only a fiver so it's not the end of the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back