its coming out...

niknaks

Reaction score
my big news hehe my mums finally started telling people, mainly on my dads side mind and they seem really happy for me and my oh, dont wanna speak too soon though so this all seems really weird. all my aunty's are all asking me questions about the pregnancy and everything and it just seems strange. my dads side are more down to earth mind but my mums on the otherhand which are mainly back in india are very backward like her. shes only told her sis whose a gynae/paedeatrician but in muscat and the first thing she said was whose the father? grr and she was my fav aunty. but now my mums still on the idea that me and oh should get civilly married before babas here and she was a bit moody with me yesterday cos my sis had a go at her about it, but also she wasnt well. cant wait for it to get out in the open finally so i can just get on with it, gonna take it at my mums pace now though

It's your choice RE getting married! Glad people are being accepting. Those wich arnt, just leave them be, im sure they arnt perfect themselves, as much as they'd like you to think!

Your growing a baby inside you! That's amazing!

yeah i know, but now oh is getting on the idea of getting civilly married too. tbh i just cant be bothered yet. id rather just get it over and done with at the same time. i want a church wedding and a small do after. but now i know its just not going to feel special to me and hes not going to fell like my hubby. and yeah i know. i hate that its 2011 and people still think like that x

Thats good that people are being accepting - it might help your mum to realise that theres no longer the same stigma in having kids before your married.

Try not to be too harsh on your mum though - different generations have totally different views on things like kids and marriage - and it must be quite hard to realise that no-one agrees with your belief system anymore. (sorry im playing devils advocate again.)

When i found out i was pregnany first time(had mc), in Jan - OH's mum asked if we were moving the wedding forward - we got married in March - i was fuming - i felt like saying - its in 2months when the hell would you like me to move it to?!!

After a while I calmed down though - realised thats just the way she thinks things should work - married, house then baby, its not really personal.

Glad to hear things are going well though.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back