Items i can buy before getting my BFP?!?!

MrsLloyd2B

Reaction score
Hiya all,

Me and my hubby are going to start trying for a baby from Jan 2009. We want to be as prepared as possible so we have already got books we are reading.

I was just wondering what we could start buying now in preparation, things we will need when im preg or when baby comes.

We are very excited, we know it could take a long time to concieve but we want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks all

TBH I'd not worry about buying anything before getting PG. But thats just me. You could be TTC a while and having stuff around the house might not help you. Also it does need to be stored somewhere.

Clothes wise also again I'd wait. Mainly as each season has new styles etc out and until you know when your baby is due you won't know what season and age to buy for. You could buy winter clothes for a newborn and have a summer baby. Or vice versa. At least wait and see when your due date is before stocking up.

I'd just wait till you get your BFP :) In the meantime start filling the piggybank with a few pennies in preparation.

Well you could always buy neutral clothing unless you want to wait until you know the sex. Things like plain sleepsuits and vests, socks.
I wouldnt recommend stocking up with nappies as you may find that your baby doesnt suit particular makes.

In theory you could buy allsorts of things in advance, but as you are planning TTC in January wait until then and you could grab some great bargains in the sales :)

Oh and i may be joining you in January with the TTC. Have agreed to no.2 with OH and said maybe the start of next year :)

All I have bought so far in order: pregnacare tablets/folic acid, pregnancy book, Doppler, 2 pairs maternity trousers for work!!

I'm waiting to buy anything for baby until after my 20 week scan and as you can see there isn't much I've needed until now!

I would stick to the books you gave bought to read up on it all and start taking folic acid. If ttc you'll likely find out your pregnant around 4 weeks when you are and you'll have 36(at least) left to prepare!!

Good luck ttc :hug:

I WILL JOIN ALSO IN JAN :cheer: or Feb or March LOL it doesn't matter but surely around that time.

Ok I agree reading the books are a great idea and you'll enjoy reading them more while your pregnant especially the topics about fetal growth every month.

Mean while you may think about buying the following (depends on budget)

1- As you are ttc. I guess Ovulation tests and pregnancy tests are a must and really fun!! (digital is great as it tells u in words (pregnant)) :)

2- I Don't think buying baby clothes as other said depends on the season. But u can get ur self maternity clothes (trousers, tops, sleepwear, flat shoes, maternity underwear)

3- Basic baby equipment ( stroller, cot, preparing a nursery, so basically everything apart from clothes) you can buy body suits as well. ( tbh I won't bother buying baby stuff until im pregnant as it's difficult to go shopping for a baby and someone asks me how far am I and I say ttc! ) thats my opinion.

The best thing you can do as you won't have much time once baby is here is to read as much as possible about pregnancy and childcare. as it's really going to be your life for the next few years! and the more you know the easier it is to take care of your baby and yourself.

Meanwhile make sure you have a good MW or Dr and a sonographer contacts so once your pregnant you know where to go :)

you can also search for personalized baby items so once ur preg and know the sex u can get ur LO something nice and precious..

Wish you the best of luck and hope you get ur BFP soon and have a healthy pregnancy and baby..

Start gettin into good eating habits now so they are matter of course when you get your BFP...
maybe start going to a yoga class and getting yourself into a really good strong mental state aswell as lovely supple physical state for when you become pregnant :)
All the very best with TTC :D :hug: x x x

I wouldnt want to buy anything for the baby before the 12 week scan, but thats my personal opinion (I havent bought any of the large items for baby yet at 25+ weeks).

I would be buying some good pregnancy books, and reading about charting etc whilst TCC in case it takes a while. I would also be monitoring my body, checking on how often I ovulate, how long my cycles are etc.

9 months is a long time once you do conceive and will give you lots of time to shop then!

Good luck with the reading.........

I would wait before buying clothes or equipment, and just concentrate on getting yourself as fit and strong as possible. This will prepare you for the joys of pregnancy and labour!! Maybe start taking folic acid.

Just an idea but why not open up a savings account and pop some money in there for future baby stuff?
That way you have lots of funds but you don't have a load of stuff piling up at home whilst trying...

best of luck
x

Steelgoddess said:
Just an idea but why not open up a savings account and pop some money in there for future baby stuff?
That way you have lots of funds but you don't have a load of stuff piling up at home whilst trying...

best of luck
x

as /\ said!!!

(you'll need the spare space to find places to baby make)
:lol:

TBH I would just stick with the books you've got and maybe get some ovulation sticks in to help you in the TTC bit.

I wouldn't bother with maternity clothes because you probably won't need them for at least a couple of months or more into your pregnancy and I wouldn't get baby things yet because if it does take you a long time to conceive then you could find it upsetting.

Plus......it's so much fun going out shopping for things when you know that baby is tucked up safe and warm in your tummy

Good luck TTC :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back