Shopping question

Jodles

Reaction score
Hi all,

We're not really buying anything for the baby until my DH comes back from his naval deployment at Easter, when I'll be 32 weeks. It's something we really want to do together, although I'm GAGGING to get started!

I just wondered, is there anything that takes a long time to order, e.g. pram, cot - rather than just buying it off the shelf? Are we leaving it too late for certain things?

Would appreciate any advice as this is all very new to us!

Thanks,

Jo xxx

I started buying at 35 weeks...we are done now. Nothing takes long to order you can get it off the shelf these days...no worries :D

I brought odds and ends... but didn't buy the bigger stuff until I was 36 weeks.. cot, pram etc.. We originally wanted a matching changer unit from IKEA but they were out of stock.. and because of xmas they weren't getting another delivery for another 6 weeks :roll: well I might not last till then, so we had to go for something else... On the up side the "2nd best" option turned out to be the best option, it actually looks nicer I think AND its more practical :)

If there are specific pushchair etc that you want, then yes you may have to order them and they can take time (usual 6 week delivery time), but tbh, I wouldn't bother paying out hundreds of pounds on baby times because a) the baby won't care as long as its warm, fed and loved and b)because they aren't in it for 5 mins and your money will be much better spent on clothes (trust me you'll be spending money on clothes for years to come)

Theres nothing you can't get in a second nowadays as natural mamma says... you'll have plenty of time, AND you may even go overdue, so you'll get extra time :)

I've not bought a thing yet.

You could always start looking and if you see a crib or something you like, check delivery times etc.

I would probably buy a car seat just in case but that is just me - other than that I would say you will get everything you need off the shelf or within 2 weeks so no panic

We ordered our cot from the baby show last summer and even then it only took 2 weeks to arrive so you'll probably be fine. If you are really keen to get started just buy the odd pack of nappies here and there, or have a little looky in the sales but don't go mad :D that gives you an excuse if you can say well look how much cheaper I got it... LOL x

I've bought bits and bobs but nothing big at all

I keep meaning to sort things out but I haven't even decided what pram I want :lol:

I'll probably do most of it when I finish school at the easter hols - I'll be 34 weeks then

Depending on how decisive you are and how much research you like to do into products you might like to start looking now so you have an idea of what you want closer to the time. In total I spent over 20 hours researching and looking at pushchairs. Mine arrived this weekend, less than a week after ordering it. I know I don't need it now but I started to panic that they might stop selling it in the colour I wanted :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back