Itchy feet when pregnant?

Hi, well the update is that I had the worst night yet yesterday. I haven't slept more than an hour and could only get relief from putting my hands and feet in bowls of cold water. I have been nauseous (probably because I am so tired) and have been crying with frustration.

My DH phoned the doc first thing this morning and she advised we call the hospital and they have told us to go down so they can sort out my blood test results from Friday and do some more tests. Please cross your fingers for me that they give me something to stop this uncontrollable itching. I am sick with worry because its so intense and feels like its coming from deep within my skin. I'm scared for my baby but at least they are taking my concerns seriously.

I'm so sorry

I know what it's like to be up all night itching, then crying your eyes out cause all you want to do is get some rest.

I hope all goes well at the hospital
:hug:

xSuzx

xsuzx a big thanks to you :hug:

I went for tests today and my test from Friday showed that the biles are slightly elevated. Todays results showed another small increase but they wont give me the medication until it is at a certain level. Luckily thanks to your links and other research I found out a lot about the condition myself and have to admit that even though they were great and are taking the situation seriously I felt better informed than the midwife.

I have to go for another test next Monday. My DH was great and insisted they give me something to at least help me sleep so I have 4 nights worth of sleeping tablets. I hope they work! They said if the itching doesn't stop and I am still not sleeping then I can go back and they can start me on the meds. The medicine they will give me 'ursofalk' is apparantley very effective and has no known side effects for mother or baby so my DH is annoyed that they wouldn't give me it already.

She did say that sometimes the body regulates itself and the condition goes, have you ever heard of this? My intuition (and itchy feet!) tells me this is not the case :(

On a good note my baby is really well and her heartbeat was monitered for half an hour.

thanks for your info and support :hug:

Sorry xsuzx another question! I have been nauseous all weekend and have been sick 3 times today and tasted stomache acid everytime. The midwife thinks this is unrelated, have you ever had this?

really sorry
To me I'd now say that it is definatly OC and your levels will continue to rise but the good news is you now know about it and will get the right help and treatment.

The reason they proberly haven't given you the meds yet is that URSO reduces your bile acids (which is what causes the problems for you and your little one) so would effect your blood test for OC, they proberly just want to make sure that your levels are still rising to confirm the diagnosis, If that makes any sence :)

As for the nausea I never got it but I do know that it is ossociated with the condition.
Don't worry about the question I'll help as much as I can.
I hope you can get some sleep tonight also I'd take the antihistamine again if I was you, I know I said not to before but know you are being monitered for OC you don't really need to know how much your itching and it won't effect your tests for OC either.

xSuzx

also just wondered if they told you what your bile acid levels were

xSuzx

Hi xsux, they never told me what my bile acids were. The midwife who gave me the results didn't seem too clued up in comparison to the one on earlier that day that monitered me and took the test. In fact she only had a print out from a computer telling her about the condition so I did feel I knew more than her! My DH asked her why the itching is so intense at night and she nearly got a black eye when she answered its psychological!!! I asked her if she ever had an itch so bad she was tempted to get a knife to scrape away the skin, she didn't answer that!

Good news is the sleeping tablets really knocked me out, I woke a few times knowing my feet were itching but was like a zombie that couldn't move. I am so glad of the tablet though because I still had intense itching in my hands and feet this morning and had to soak them for an hour so I imagine they were very bad last night.

Thank you for all your help :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back