• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It IS PreEclampsia!! **UPDATED 08.09 Pg 6**

HideiLu

Reaction score
Had check up with GP today, MW said last week to book in with him for 2 weeks time, but with my BP keep going up and all that I thought I'd go today instead.

He's usually useless, but today he took my BP 5 times and it ranged from something like 145/95 - 167/101!! He checked my feet and cankles and confirmed they are like elephant stumps so he called DAU and referred me to go straight down there.

Well, sat in the waiting room for well over an hour as they only had ONE MW on duty.

The assistant came and took my BP on a manual machine (GP used digital) and said it was 135/70 so was nothing to worry about, prob just docs machine!!! I said he had done it 5 times and this keeps happening so she sent MW to come and check and 5 mins later she took a reading of 146/85!! They tested my wee, which as usual was fine and took my blood and sent me home and said to wait for phonecall with results...only as they were shoving me out the door did I note to them they didn't have my phone number! :wall:

They've asked me to go back on Wednesday to check again.

I had a cry to OH when I got back as I'm getting SO frustrated with this! GP said they shouldn't have just sent me home last time as I have nearly every symptom of Pre-Eclampsia minus the protein trace, but he said just the BP and Swelling was cause for concern.

I almost don't want to go back on Wednesday as they will just make me feel like Im being daft again and ship me home. :wall: I just want LO out now so I can stop all this to-ing anf fro-ing and know that he is safe :hug:

Hi firstly have some of these :hug: :hug:

Your experience sounds like mine when I went to the day unit. It's horrible when different people tell you differnet things.

Can you speak to your midwife? That is what I did when I was "dismissed" and it made such a difference.

Trust your instinct and get a second opinion, you can't afford to be worrying at this stage :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lu :hug: :hug: :hug:

You don't deserve all this!! I hate those docs for you I really do. No wonder your BP was low when you were sitting doing nothing for well over an hour FFS :wall:

Me & 1sttimemum were thinking you might be induced so were secretly hoping Jacques might be arriving tonight :shhh: (I know! I know! I'm selfish!)

Anyway, next time you feel you need to (if before Jacques arrives) then deffo keep on at them. This can't go undetected and they should have kept you in IMO to check you over completely.

Sorry you had that long walk home too :( Sounds like you need a good night's sleep tonight.

Sending lots of "feel good" vibes your way hun :hug: xx

Aww :hug: Hope he gets a move on for you hun :hug:

Thanks ladies. OH came to pick me up in the end and I was in tears all the way home. ? It’s so frustrating to have GP and MW getting concerned and then feeling like the hospital don’t give a crap, when it’s partly just because they haven’t got the staff to do the work. I just want a definite thumbs up, or even thumbs down, just so I can relax and understand exactly what is happening!

aww poor you what an ordeal no wonder your so upset and frustrated! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:

Hospitals are a pain, unless you've got a leg hanging off they don't take you seriously.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that they have sent you home. My SIL went to her routine MW appt and her BP was up like it was for you and they sent her straight to the hospital who decided to induce her due to the risk of possible pre-eclampsia.

Sending you hugs :hug: :hug:

Xxx

That sounds like what i had when i was pregnant with DS and i didnt always have protein, with me they put me on tablets to control my blood pressure. Really sounds like they should have done the same with you :hug: They sound bloody useless

Stick to your guns hun, if you don't feel right keep pestering them! I was induced at 39weeks due to high BP, same as you, no protein but all the other symptoms, your Bp and swelling will go down straight after birth if its any consolation! I was under consultant care because of it, are you? If so, keep bugging them - you shouldn't have to suffer or put your body under undue strain.
Good luck :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Stick to your guns hun, if you don't feel right keep pestering them! I was induced at 39weeks due to high BP, same as you, no protein but all the other symptoms, your Bp and swelling will go down straight after birth if its any consolation! I was under consultant care because of it, are you? If so, keep bugging them - you shouldn't have to suffer or put your body under undue strain.
Good luck :hug:
Nope :( No consultant! Each time I get sent up there, they just tell me there’s a long wait cause they’re short staffed/busy. Last time they asked me to wait 30 minutes for doc to come back blood results…ended up being over 2 hours later as they were short staffed and the doc was in A&E. She then said bloods were fine, but as it was getting late, I should just go home and rest and move my MW appointment forward for another check up!

One girl walked out the waiting room crying yesterday, she had been there for over an 1hr 30mins and just gave up!

Oh hun thats cr*p! :hug:
You should definitely be under consulant care with high BP, even if its not pre eclampsia, can you change hospitals? Sounds drastic but it doesn't sound like you are having the care you deserve :hug: :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Oh hun thats cr*p! :hug:
You should definitely be under consulant care with high BP, even if its not pre eclampsia, can you change hospitals? Sounds drastic but it doesn't sound like you are having the care you deserve :hug: :hug:
I’m hoping to have a home birth anyway. The next nearest hospital is too far for me, would take me over an hour to get there as I don’t drive. If todays appointment is anything like Mondays I will speak to my GP again and see what he says.

Just as I wrote that, the hospital have left a voicemail asking if I can come in earlier! So shall be cutting my last day at work very short!

Oh no hope all goes well at the hospital :hug: at least they seem to be taking you more seriously calling you back in :hug: :hug:

They’re only calling me back early as they are short staffed again and shutting at 3.30 today – my appointment was meant to be at 4! I’m sure everything will come back a-ok again! :)

Hope everything works out. They like messing you about, don't they?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back