Isofix car base

MrsW84

Reaction score
Hi

can anyone tell me what base I need to fit with my maxi cosi cabriofix?
is a normal isofix one right?
ive seen it on boots.com but before i splash out i wanna make sure its the right one for my car seat?
xxthanks girlies xxx

I have the maxi cosy cabrio fix... And we have the family fix base. I would reccomend you go to a pram Center, or halfords and get them to check which base and car seat are suitable for your car 1st before buying one. We did that and then bought the base from Amazon. Was a bit cheaper. But make sure it's 100% suitable for your car.

thanks

i checked with the shop before i bought the car seat but now im confused about bases whether its easyfix/familyfix etc!

I've just bought my base from Halfords. If you reserve it you get it for the online price rather than the instore price.
This is the belted in base (suitable for the cabrio)
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_766501_langId_-1_categoryId_261859
This one is isofix (suitable for the cabrio)
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_233147_langId_-1_categoryId_261859#tab1
This one is also isofix and suitable for the cabrio, pebble and pearl
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_750737_langId_-1_categoryId_261859#tab1

We went for the family fix base because you can use the next size up car seat with it too.xx

At the risk of sounding really stupid, is it necessary to buy a base for the car seat?
When I bought my pram (Silvercross 3d) and Ventura carseat, mothercare didn't say anything about needing to buy anything else to go with it?!
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? - Confused!! lol
xx

At the risk of sounding really stupid, is it necessary to buy a base for the car seat?
When I bought my pram (Silvercross 3d) and Ventura carseat, mothercare didn't say anything about needing to buy anything else to go with it?!
xx

My understanding is no, you don't need anything else.... the bases just make clipping in the car seat easier rather than fiddling about with seatbelts all the time. I am sure some of the ladies will know more than me though!! xx

xx

My understanding is no, you don't need anything else.... the bases just make clipping in the car seat easier rather than fiddling about with seatbelts all the time. I am sure some of the ladies will know more than me though!! xx

Ahh thanks Karate Kid!
Started to panic when I saw the price tag of £125 for the base!! Hahaha xx

yeh you dont NEED it.....its just i think it will be much easier to clip in and out rather than using seat belts...esp when raining!
reviews are really good for them so im thinking £100 odd quid isnt so bad to make life a little easier!
gonna spend the extra bit and get the family one i think
ooo decisions decisions!

I'm going to try without the base for a bit and if I get desperate will buy one then, there are so many other things I need to buy first lol x

There is absoloutly no NEED for the base for the carseat, they work perfectly well with the seatbelts!
The reason we have gone for one is that we have a 2 door car, which means leaning over an bending to fasten in the car seat. Not really a big deal, but for the sake of £120 I think it just makes things a bit quicker, as it simply clicks in and out. And also tells you that it is fitted properly and securely in place. I have no issues using the seat without the base. It's just personal preference for us... (plus we live in south west Scotland, rains constantly, can see a very wet mummy spending ages fankling about with seat belts) xxx

How much!
We got our Isofix mounting base thing from ford for £17 so all we need is an isofix chair now.

How much!
We got our Isofix mounting base thing from ford for £17 so all we need is an isofix chair now.

I think the word 'baby' is like the word 'wedding' £££ get added on! I didn't even know you could get them for that price. Still think I'll hold off though, esp as I'm the only one that drives and don't intend to be doing that immediately!

Yeah seems like it.
We've found out that mothercare is the most expensive place ever hehe.

I can't drive but hubby had to go get it asap to make it more real for him iykwim.

At least the option of getting it from the car manufacturer is there ;)

xx

You don't NEED the base, but it saves a LOT of time, we have this seat (as did my brother) and it is difficult to put in. Apparently the base is also safer as its not really possible to get it in wrong iykwim.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

£120 was cheap for the one we got from Amazon, it's £160 in the shops!!!xxx

We had the Silver cross ventura last time and didnt have the base (they never did one then).

This time we have a maxi cosi and we've gone for the base as we also have AJ to consider getting in and out of the car. It'll be quicker and safer for us to use the base. Also we have a jeep so to fasten a car seat in without the base would be hard work!

Thanks ladies!
Think I'm gonna see how I go without it, as I'm not really in a position to be spending £125 on something that's not necessarily needed :)

xx

I would have bothered if we had a bigger car! I have my 5year old niece 1 day a week and strapping her in and out the car a couple of times was a killer. So that's the only reason we have gone for it :) I really don't think it's an essential to start with anyway xxz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back