Isofix car base

Ladies if you order the bases from mothercare you get discount with vouchers from the mother and baby club xx

In the end I only paid £67.00 for the maxi cosi belt in base from Halfords. Fab bargain! The deals are out there if you need one. x

We have the family fix base so we can use it for the next seat too. We bought it because of the safety aspect, when we fitted our seat in the car with just the belt it wiggled and didn't feel secure. With the base it's amazing you just drop the seat in with no need for belts and it's held in place with the seat bars. Xx

We have the family fix base so we can use it for the next seat too. We bought it because of the safety aspect, when we fitted our seat in the car with just the belt it wiggled and didn't feel secure. With the base it's amazing you just drop the seat in with no need for belts and it's held in place with the seat bars. Xx

Thats the one we have gone for, was playing with it in the house last night. Can't wait to get it into the car :) xx

Weve got the maxi cosy pebble and bought the family fix for £135, i got it cause its alot easier than seat belts and i also think its alot safer xxx

I have the family fix base on order with the pebble, but someone told me afterwards that not all isofix bases fit in all cars and you need to check online to see if your car is suitable. Now, I have an Audi A4 2011 model with isofix attachments but on the maxicosi website my car is not suitable... Is this because they just haven't got round to crash testing it yet? Or should I reconsider buying this base?

I have the family fix base on order with the pebble, but someone told me afterwards that not all isofix bases fit in all cars and you need to check online to see if your car is suitable. Now, I have an Audi A4 2011 model with isofix attachments but on the maxicosi website my car is not suitable... Is this because they just haven't got round to crash testing it yet? Or should I reconsider buying this base?

I got a book with all the cars on it... Easier to read than the website. I'll go check it for you xxx

Hmh... It says for your car 'optional isofix, please contact local auto dealer' so maybe pop into Audi see what they suggest x

There is 20% off online at mothercare online atm if enter cdmf at checkout xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmh... It says for your car 'optional isofix, please contact local auto dealer' so maybe pop into Audi see what they suggest x

Yeah that might be a good idea... I thought that isofix would be standard fittings in all cars, but I guess not! Thanks for taking the time to look it up for me though :hugs:

Look on your back seats at the bottom of the seat to see if it has the isofix symbol, if your car has it the symbol will be on the seats. We have a 2007 a4 and it fits so I'd be confused as to why a newer version wouldn't. If you're not sure go to Halfords and get them to check it. Xx

Yeah that might be a good idea... I thought that isofix would be standard fittings in all cars, but I guess not! Thanks for taking the time to look it up for me though :hugs:

No probs... I have an 02 golf and didn't think it would have them, but there there!!! Maybe it just means you can use certain ones! Hope you get it sorted xxx

I've got the mamas and papas base that comes with my car seat. Well actually, it's my brothers but we have the same car seats and he's just put my nephew into a bigger one and won't need the base. So that saved me a wee bit!

All very well, but, I don't actually have a place for my baby to sit. In a moment of stupidity, my oh bought a 2 seater van and sold his car when he started up his own business! He realised the little sports car he had wasn't practical for his tools and went out and purchased the van and brought it home with a big grin on his face, he even had the company sign writing done!

Oh yes, so smart....I was 10 weeks pregnant and he claims to have 'forgot/neverthought' about our 3rd passenger! Bloody idiot! So goodness only knows how we will manage! Least I live 5 mins away from the centre of town and I do have a pretty pram to push! Lol! Xxx

Definitely worth finding out why it says it's not suitable before you buy it. That's the one we were going to go for, and we thought it'd be fine because our car - a 56 Renault Scenic - has IsoFix points (and y'know, is supposed to be a good family car).

We went to Mothercare to try it out and they said it wasn't suitable for our car. Did some research and it turns out it's because there are underfloor storage compartments so the leg part of the base might not be stable enough.

Is a base absolutely necessary, as we weren't planning on using one? x

Not at all. Just means u thread the seatbelt through the actual car chair. The base allows u to click it into place and just release a button to remove the car chair. Xx

Less chance of chair tipping forward too with a base. Seatbelt only can still tip forward in an accident,sudden braking.

No not at all... The one I have doesn't even use the seat belt, it clips on to 2 hooks made into the back seat of the car, and then a bar secures it to the floor. Yes they are safer, and must more convenient. But if car seats wernt suitable without them, then everyone would be made to use the bases! I have no issues using my car seat without the base, for us it's just alot more easier as we have a 2 door car.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back