Formula...help!!!

hels

Reaction score
Charlotte really doesnt like bottles, when i have expressed milk and try and feed her she fusses and takes ages to take the bottle. I have been struggling with expressing lately(unsure why, i have plenty of milk) so sometimes i have asked Simon to give her a bottle of formula as her last feeds, so i can sleep. Charlotte will not take formula FULL STOP! She even pushes the bottle away and becomes hysterical. We have tried Aptmil and Cow & Gate. I am keen to be able to express more and for Charlotte to take formula as i will be going back to work a couple of days a week soon and Simon will be having Charlote.
Does any one have any advice???

Hi

im sorry youve had lots of trouble im still breastfeeding Kiara so i have no clue what to do but have you been drinking lots of fluids cuz i hear that helps with how much milk you get?
Either then that i have no clue im no help but i hope you figure somthing out xxx
Katrina

Hi hun

when i change from breast to bottle, Coby wouldnt take to it either, but in the end i found it the was teats he didnt like, after coming off the breast, bottle teats can be a bit to round.

so i tried him on these....

http://www.thatcuteage.com/2-Feeding/c5 ... DoublePack

they worked brill and he took to the bottle right away.

I cant advise you on expressing tho, i didnt do it myself, I put Coby on to Farleys milk

xxx

Hi Hels

Which teats do you use? Olivia didn't like the NUK ones but is fine with the Tommy Tippee Nuby teat (it's got wee bumps on it).

Maybe the combination of her usually being fussy with the bottle but the strange taste has made her refuse the combination all together? Have you tried giving her some formula from a spoon?

Hope Charlie gets used to the formula soon!

Lucy x

Sometimes if Ella acts like this I turn her towards my breast into the position she's used to breastfeeding from and she'll usually take the bottle.

She also uses Nuby teats, previously she was on MAM teats and these were fine but I couldn't find any faster flow ones when I went to Tesco.

I used to express loads then i went a couple of days without expressing now i'm lucky to get 2 ounces out even though my boobs are full, i read that a hot flannel placed over your boob before expressing might help and also massage however neither worked for me but you never jbow they might for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back