Isabelle Rose born 23rd July

L2310

Reaction score
Well I can't believe she is finally here but she is and here is how it all happened! Sorry if its long!

Monday 22nd July was my due date and was booked in for a sweep at 10am. Midwife said I was 2cm and cervix was very thin and favourable! She was convinced I would go into natural labour within the week which was great to hear as I really wanted a water birth and didn't want to be induced! Got home and by 12 noon I was getting regular cramps about 15-20 mins apart. This continued all day until I tried to go to bed about 10pm and noticed they were a lot closer together and slightly more painful. I had a bath and it got to about midnight when I really started to struggle! Rang hospital and they told me to go in, car journey is a good 20 mins but finally got there and was told still only 2cm!!! Devastated isn't the word! She then went on to explain that what I was feeling wasn't contractions but just my 'cervix thinning due to the sweep'! She then tried to explain what a contraction felt like and I said that's exactly how this feels but she just said 'no this is different'! I was sent home with codeine and told it would probably of completely gone by the time I wake up in the morning! OH not too impressed lol as although he didn't say anything he must of been thinking I was a right wimp! Got home and codeine didn't even touch it. Tried to go to sleep but pains were to bad I was in tears and had to keep getting up and going on all fours on the bedroom floor to get through them. Decided to have another bath around 5am but pains still really strong so I'd had enough and rang hospital to say I was coming back in. Screamed all the way there and was thinking I'm still going to be 2cm and be sent home again! Got there about 6am and was 5cm :) yey they started filling the pool and I walked down the corridor which took sooo long to get there stopping with every contraction - they had to give me the furthest room available! Stripped off and got straight in about 6.30am - didn't care about the different tankinis I'd brought to wear! Was given gas and air which if I'm honest didn't help the pain at all just made me light headed but I kept with it as it gave me something to concentrate on. Seemed like everything happened so quick once I was in the pool, contractions were getting closer and closer together and I started to feel like I wanted to push! Pushing was the only thing that took the pain away, I was worried I was pushing too early as they wouldn't check me because they only check every 4 hours and I'd only been in about an hour. At one point of pushing I felt a 'pop' and waters had gone - it looked like a puff of smoke under the water! Soon after I could feel the head coming and it was such a relief when it popped out! After the head was born the rest followed with the next contraction, I don't even think I pushed - she just seemed to fall out! Isabelle Rose was born at 8.33am on 23rd July, weighing 7lb 15oz :) The midwife caught her under the water and brought her out onto my chest. It was the best feeling in the world and I was shocked at how much hair she had, I was sure I was going to have a bald baby! I stayed in the pool for cuddles and waited for the placenta which came about 10 minutes later - again I'm sure that just fell out too as we just kind if spotted it in the water! OH then cut the cord and was able to have his own cuddles while I got out the pool and checked for tears etc. Had a small graze and a tear which I could of had a few stitches in but chose to just leave it as midwife recommended because it was so small.

I can't believe she will be a week old tomorrow - I wish I could go back to that first day again :( I've been very sore but its all worth it and although it was extremely painful and I refused to ever do it again I'm now thinking I can't leave her an only child :) xx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375133727.842660.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375133745.955030.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375133768.653715.jpg

Bless she is adorable congratulations

Great birth story, well done. Congratulations again hun, she really is adorable xxx

Sounds like a lovely labour, she is so cute enjoy her while she is tiny.

Thanks girls! Still can't believe its been a week its really flew by!! Xx

enjoy every minute because believe me time really does fly. a massive congratulations to u! she is gorgeous! x

How cute :) lovely birth story, and congratulations xx

aww lovely story, what a cutie, congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back