Is this normal???

hels

Reaction score
I have been having pains in my tummy, starting really low, in my vaginal area, it gives a feeling of dull period pain. I also have a 'stitch' like feeling on my left side when i walk, but today it hasnt faded when i have rested.
I am totally sure this is all very normal in pregnancy, but how do you know when its your 1st??! Dont want to keep asking Dr/midwife when you guys are just as fab!
Thanks. x

stretching and ligament pain perhaps? there's a lot to make room for in there! i get a stitch too sometimes when i'm walking.

if there's something i'm wondering but not overly concerned about i often use the ask a midwife e-mail response service on http://www.midwivesonline.com/askamidwife.htm which is free and they are usually good at responding with in 3-4 days.

I regularly get a dull period like pain and think that I am starting my period and then I remember that I am pregnant :D

My other one is that I get loads of stich in my bump where it is all stretching out.

Last weekend I was away with the DH and I could barely walk at all I was in so much pain.

This is probably what you have got.

Thanks guys.
Just a worry when your not sure what to expect. no wonder there is aches and pains really, baby is getting big now and there aint much room in there!
thanks again x

It sounds like ligament pain- I got it a lot when I walked or did some exercise, it's just the muscle ligaments stretching although it can be quite painful can't it? My midwife told me it would get a bit better after about 28-29 weeks as one particular muscle group finishes stretching at this time or something and I have to say that it did stop about then.

Hope it stops hurting soon
+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back