pubic bone is so sore :(

pacha

Reaction score
I asked the MW about this at my last appointment as I have had a constant dull ache in my pubic bone since around 12 weeks but it seems to have got alot worse recently. The MW said it will just be growing pains but I can no longer cross my legs and if I have been sitting for a while then get up it is really sore when I walk, also when I get up in the morning from bed it is really sore to get out of bed. I am starting to get concerned about it getting worse. Is this normal?

I am not sure if it's normal- although I have certainly not suffered the pain you are describing. In terms of posture you are not recommended to cross your legs anyway.

I didn't want to just read and not reply as being in pain sucks. Hugs xxxx :hug:

:think: mm sounds like maybe you should go back again and stress just how painful it is. This is my second baby and I never experienced that with my 1st or this one, maybe it's normal but I have read something about pelvic pain caused by the pelvic moving? Probably best to go back for a 2nd time but I'm sure it's nothing too serious :hug:

:oops: sorry I meant to say I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, iykwim, although :hug: :hug: for the pain, doesn't sound nice.

:oops: what I meant to say is I'm sure there's nothing for you to be worried about, although :hug: :hug: for the pain, that doesn't sound nice. Hope you feel better soon.

Pacha, it definitely sounds like SPD - I have the same thing. Am trying yoga etc and sleeping with a pillow between my legs and a wedge under my bump. That does help with getting comfy at night.

Sue

Thanks ladies, it just seems to have got loads worse in the last few days. It kept me awake all of last night and this morning I was almost in tears trying to walk to work.

Is this something I should call the the Midwife or GP about?? I really dont want this getting worse :(

hi pacha, i also have SPD and it sounds like thats what you are experiencing which isnt nice :hug:
SPD - Is the 3 sections of bone that make up your pelvis are held together by ligaments and these loosen ready for labour, however they can get a bit too loose and so cant cope as well with the stress of carrying baby hence the pain.
They recomend taking small steps when walking, keeping your knees together when getting up and down and also in out of a car, and taking it easy.

You will find it worse in the morning and evening and if you sit or stand for too long at a time, if you ask your MW she should refure you to physio and they may give you a back support etc...if this is what you have you have to make sure you tell them when you are in labour as then need to be careful of how far apart your legs go.

Anyway, the good news is that no matter how bad it gets i can speak from experience and say it goes virtually straight after you have baby :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hope this helps, there are a few of us on here that have it so plenty of people who understand howrotten it can be :hug: you may find those who have not had it a little less than sympathetic as they think its just a bit of back ache but just ignore them :hug: :hug:

xx tigger xx

Thanks Tigger :D Do you think that I should call the MW or wait until my next appointment which is 9th March? Is SDP diagnosed on symptoms alone or are there any tests that they do?

Yep sounds like SPD you poor thing - my heart totally goes out to you. :hug:

I'm justing biting down on a lump of wood until I see my MW again on the 5th - but if it's that painfull give them a call and see what they say. :hug:

HI, if you are really struggling then call MW and have a chat. I told my MW 8 weeks ago and she suggested waiting and she would send me to physio if ness...but i have been struggling more so next week at my next appt i will have another chat and see what can be done now... some people if really bad use crutches or a back support so we shall see... :hug:

I hope you are ok, just try and take it easy...

xx tigger xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back