Is This All Normal?

DebbieM

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm 18 weeks and for the past week everything just seems to have changed again. I was feeling fine with no pain other than a bit of back pain and now I feel like I did in 1st Tri again at times.

I have:

* Sore boobs occassionally
* Lots of stretching pains
* Pain below my belly button (although I *think* I am feeling small kicks there)
* Increased discharge (TMI sorry but gotta add it!)
* Sore back unless I'm lying down

Anyone else feeling/felt/remember all this around 18 weeks? I know 17-20 is a pretty big growth spurt so I'm guessing it's all normal.

yeah its all normal
i still get the pain below my belly button, and if i lie on my back i cant get up again cos it hurts so much lol
its all normal for you

edit - still got the discharge too

get a gym ball to sit on- they really help with back pain.

Tesco were selling them really cheap a few weeks ago and argos have cheap ones too

sounds normal to me hun x

I still get the belly button pain, the occasional stretching pain, the back ache is constant and the discharge is a lot heavier than normal

Thanks girls. I'm feeling a bit emotional today and just told Matt my worries and ended up crying like a plonker. I go through phases where I feel so confident and happy and then have days/weeks like today/now where I still feel like I did in the really early days.

Your replies have helped though so thanks xxx

Hi, I am 17+1 and can totally relate to your symptoms. I have what must be the ligament pains and they really feel quite like period pains and can be uncomfortable. I also felt a kick on Saturday (YAY) but haven't felt anything so clearly since. I undertsand that is normal too. I also have the, ahem, discharge increase (no one ever tells you about that before you get pregnant). So I think it is all fairly normal. It is always good to know someone else is going through the same thing.

Oh debs, alot of the pains your getting will probably be on and off till the end, at least the back pain when your tum gets bigger and heavier to carry around. And feeling weepy one day and confident the next is so normal. Your body has had to adjust to a huge amount of changes in a very short space of time, but unfortunately our bodies don't tell us what is going on at any given time.

For that reason its normal to be scared. Heck pregnancy is scary is hell. Such a huge responsibility and very little information other than all medical jargon like ...oh well could be this and could be that.. Plus no one really cares much about the mental worries and pressure as most docs poo poo it as 'over-reacting' hormones. But how we feel mentally is a BIG deal and affects just about everything else we do. Creating babies is NOT Simple!

I'm sure you are absolutely fine and so is flump. You must trust and understand your body, when its really telling you something could definitely up you will then seek help. After all you have that doppler to play with every day lol, whereas I have to rely on kicks and movement. :) You know my pelvic aches and pains have kept me bed bound some days, lonely and a bit fed up of it all in honesty, but I no longer panic about anything, its just not worth the stress. After my last three trips to A&E where they looked at me like I had ten heads, I vowed not to panic ever again unless I bleed, (as I havent bled at all) pass out or scream in agony. Up to now its all been ligament crap and I totally get what that feels like and just living with it for now.

Hope your day gets better hun and those niggles ease up a bit xx

Thanks Carla and thanks also to Katee for posting. It is always re-assuring to hear other people describe your symptoms in such a defined way.

Sometimes I feel like I am going mad and trying to explain it to Matt is hard. He's always very sympathetic and re-assuring, but when I can;t explain exactly what I'm feeling, I get more upset and frustrated (not at him, just ingeneral about the whole thing).

I know deep down it's all pretty much normal, but then, nothing about pregnancy really feels "normal" does it? How can it? LOL. I've had this body for 31 years and only spent 4 months of those years being pregnant. It's all weird...although very wonderful too and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I guess that this is just such a precious thing that's growing inside all of us that you just worry over every little thing at times. I'm sure that once I have a definite bump and feel some definite kicks that I will feel better. Oh, and once this latest growth spurt is over too things will calm down again!

Thanks once again though ladies! I feel much better knowing I'm not alone feeling like this. :hug:

One more question!!!!!!

Do you also feel a kind of heaviness in the very bottom of your stomach? I feel it but not all the time, more at the end of the day like I've swallowed a lead balloon or something?

yeah I get this. like a bowling bowl i say. usually when I'm tired or I've done more than usual.

I do too, if you feel about i bet you will feel the babys head lying low somewhere near the ache, if i feel the weight i touch it and normally feel a little boney head. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back