Is this normal??

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I will be 18 weeks tomorrow and for the last few days, my tummy below my tummy button in the middle has been feeling sore, like bruised to touch. Is this normal, i know that in the last 5 / 6 days a small bump has appeared, do you think it is everything stretching or should i have a word with the MW??

Hey hun...im guessing it has got something to do with ur stomach muscles stretching...i didnt experience my belly button being sore..give it a few days and if persists then u may talk to MW..but i doubt very much its anything to worry about xx

have a word anyway... i reckon ur fine tho its prob just stretching but do no harm to ask... u shud invest in a doppler if ur worried... well worth the money if u get it early enough xx

Meh you have to be carefull with a doppler, You might find your own and think its baby and knot know if something has happened, or you might not find it atall and panic when everything is fine..

As for Origional post, Ive been really nastily achey for the last week or so, I think its a growth spurt.

At 18 weeks your fundus should be just below your belly button so maybe it is that...growth/stretching etc

Hiya..I had a little bit sore belly when I was 18 weeks even to the point that I had a little pain while sitting and getting up. Discussed it with the doc and he said its stomach ligaments stretching..I tried gently massaging with Oil and it helped so dont worry..I am sure it must be because of stretching

I get the same hun if it's anyhelp and everyone i speak to says stretching/growing pains etc. Try not to panic too much xx

Thanks ladies for putting my mind. I have suddenly changing shape every day at mo, so thought it might be stretching type pain. Glad to here I am not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back