Is this level of movement normal for this stage?!

Annie050408

Reaction score
I know they say an active baby is a healthy baby but my LO feels like she spends all day trying to get out of my tummy!

I have noticed that she doesn't move much during the night but a soon as I have my breakfast she seems to begin her morning exercise routine which lasts for about 2 hours(!!) in which she seems to be stretching in every direction.

As bubs is measuring v small I am reassured by the movement but at the same time I worry that it's because she is small and therefore has so much room to move and therefore not gaining weight if that makes sense?

I have had tons of movement for about the past month - not really like kicking lately though, more like squirming and pushing against my tummy, so I think that level of movement is normal.

Hey!!
Dont worry about it hun, shes obviously very happy in there! Sometimes i think my little one is gunna burst my waters! Hes not engaged yet so hes not stuck in one position, which can get very annoying when im trying to sleep and hes kicking the bed on the side im lyin on!!

If shes measurin small, it doesnt mean she wont put on weight cos shes moving alot - just means your havin a little tinkerbell! :)

x x

I have had that too where bub kicks the bed and I actually hear a sound- makes it all v real! I get a few kicks when I lay on my back but mostly it's squirming and pushing against the surface.

It felt like my little boy was trying to get out last night! It really is such a weird feeling!

She sounds really happy in there so I wouldn't worry Hun.

Your little girl sound happy! Noa does the "trying to escape trough my tummy" a few times a day and i love it, when you see the skin stretch and you can feel him push himself out and i can stroke his little bum or feets or what ever he wants to push out :cloud9:

aw hun your lucky my movement is definatly slowed right down although this morning she tured sideways and kicked me for ages so it might be when she head down im feeling it in the placenta which is cushioning but if baby is a little smaller she will have more room for movement xxx

I'm not getting kicks, more squirmy, wriggly, pushing movements and there's definate patterns to it x don't worry too much, they move loads from early on and put weight on x she'll just be a dot x

Mine moves all the time, day and night!!!! xx

Ahh she sounds fine in there Annie,

Out of interest , how big were you when you were born? my babies have only ever grown to the point of my birth weight of 7 lb 1, my largest was 7lb 2 oz you see , so all relative to you and your genetics too

i agree she does sound happy in there.. my LO moves all day long, the evening i feel like a little aliens going to pop out of my stomach and when i lay down to sleep he moves around alot but then stops.. he may move when im sleeping but i wouldnt know :)

sounds like you have a very active happy baby in there x

Ahh she sounds fine in there Annie,

Out of interest , how big were you when you were born? my babies have only ever grown to the point of my birth weight of 7 lb 1, my largest was 7lb 2 oz you see , so all relative to you and your genetics too

I was 6lb 4oz so I guess she was always destined to be dinky - I guess I thought she may be bigger because DH is 6ft 4 and was 7lb 80z at birth. I do struggle to see how I could stretch any more though as my bump already feels very big in relation to my body, although not big in comparison with other women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back