Is this finally a bfp?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by luckymama977, Mar 14, 2019.

1. luckymama977

luckymama977 Member

We are actually on a break from tcc at the moment and havent done the deed since 5 January i've been having all symptoms except breast symptoms. been getting bfns all the time particularly on internet cheapies including right up to first thing this morning and also on a clear blue digital. also i had a pregnancy test takn a few weeks ago during a hospital appointment. I feel pregnant and when i was in the co-op this morning i picked this test up and this line appeared within 2 minutes of peeing on it...

if this is a bfp then surely i must be around 12 weeks by now?

Would you say this is a bfp?

Thanks

2. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

I do see a faint line but i can't work out the colour of it.
    If you haven't DTD since 5th January then i would assume you would be showing blazing positives by now if you was pregnant.
    Clear blue digi would also be showing you a positive too if you was that far along.

I would maybe book an appointment with your doctor and ask for bloods to be taken rather than just a test as they only use internet cheapies like you have been using.

3. luckymama977

luckymama977 Member

It does seem to be a pink line and darker than the photo shows...the photo is rubbish. i wuld have expected a bfp by much sooner than now too.

4. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Definitely book an appointment with your doctor and get some bloods done.

5. luckymama977

luckymama977 Member

Thanks got to call the doctors back in the morning.

6. IVW

IVW Well-Known Member

Hmmm i can see a line, but given the fact you would be 12 weeks by now, it should definately be a blazing positive x

7. night owl

night owl Well-Known Member

I think it’s a false positive/rubbish quality test to be honest, if you were pregnant as you say you would be 12 weeks along by now so would have been getting positive tests for a while including the one the hospital done a few weeks ago, but they’ve all been negative, you could try a better quality test or get the doctor to check for you x

8. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

There’s a thing called the “hook effect” where if you take a test after 5 weeks you can get false negatives/lighter lines. It’s beause there’s two types of HCG and the one pregnancy tests pick up is dominant until week 5 but after that the other type becomes dominant and it messes with the tests. It’s totally possibly to get a negative/near negative at 12 weeks. That’s why you hear of people who find out at 5 months and go “but I had negatives!!” - they missed their early window.

Get a blood test, pregnancy tests aren’t reliable at this point! x

9. luckymama977

luckymama977 Member

wow its a mindfield isnt it. ive tried clear blue, superdrug and these ones. going to get a frer later.

i know the cheapie ones arent supposed to be great but they were exactly the same as the ones the hospital used.

10. luckymama977

luckymama977 Member

ive tried a few different ones, i know the cheapie ones arent supposed to be great but they were exactly the same as the ones the hospital used.

11. Lollypop79

Lollypop79 Well-Known Member

This is very true. When I was pregnant with my son (many years ago) my pregnancy tests were negative. Even at 4 months I was testing negative. Doctor did a blood draw and it was positive. Plus I had a big belly, morning sickness sore boobs the lot. Missed periods. Was funny x

WinterWolf likes this.