Is this finally a bfp?

luckymama977

Reaction score
We are actually on a break from tcc at the moment and havent done the deed since 5 January i've been having all symptoms except breast symptoms. been getting bfns all the time particularly on internet cheapies including right up to first thing this morning and also on a clear blue digital. also i had a pregnancy test takn a few weeks ago during a hospital appointment. I feel pregnant and when i was in the co-op this morning i picked this test up and this line appeared within 2 minutes of peeing on it...

if this is a bfp then surely i must be around 12 weeks by now?

Would you say this is a bfp?

Thanks

_20190314_092608.JPG

I do see a faint line but i can't work out the colour of it.
If you haven't DTD since 5th January then i would assume you would be showing blazing positives by now if you was pregnant.
Clear blue digi would also be showing you a positive too if you was that far along.

I would maybe book an appointment with your doctor and ask for bloods to be taken rather than just a test as they only use internet cheapies like you have been using.

It does seem to be a pink line and darker than the photo shows...the photo is rubbish. i wuld have expected a bfp by much sooner than now too.

It does seem to be a pink line and darker than the photo shows...the photo is rubbish. i wuld have expected a bfp by much sooner than now too.
Definitely book an appointment with your doctor and get some bloods done.

Hmmm i can see a line, but given the fact you would be 12 weeks by now, it should definately be a blazing positive x

I think it’s a false positive/rubbish quality test to be honest, if you were pregnant as you say you would be 12 weeks along by now so would have been getting positive tests for a while including the one the hospital done a few weeks ago, but they’ve all been negative, you could try a better quality test or get the doctor to check for you x

There’s a thing called the “hook effect” where if you take a test after 5 weeks you can get false negatives/lighter lines. It’s beause there’s two types of HCG and the one pregnancy tests pick up is dominant until week 5 but after that the other type becomes dominant and it messes with the tests. It’s totally possibly to get a negative/near negative at 12 weeks. That’s why you hear of people who find out at 5 months and go “but I had negatives!!” - they missed their early window.

Get a blood test, pregnancy tests aren’t reliable at this point! x

There’s a thing called the “hook effect” where if you take a test after 5 weeks you can get false negatives/lighter lines. It’s beause there’s two types of HCG and the one pregnancy tests pick up is dominant until week 5 but after that the other type becomes dominant and it messes with the tests. It’s totally possibly to get a negative/near negative at 12 weeks. That’s why you hear of people who find out at 5 months and go “but I had negatives!!” - they missed their early window.

wow its a mindfield isnt it. ive tried clear blue, superdrug and these ones. going to get a frer later.

i know the cheapie ones arent supposed to be great but they were exactly the same as the ones the hospital used.

I think it’s a false positive/rubbish quality test to be honest, if you were pregnant as you say you would be 12 weeks along by now so would have been getting positive tests for a while including the one the hospital done a few weeks ago, but they’ve all been negative, you could try a better quality test or get the doctor to check for you x

ive tried a few different ones, i know the cheapie ones arent supposed to be great but they were exactly the same as the ones the hospital used.

This is very true. When I was pregnant with my son (many years ago) my pregnancy tests were negative. Even at 4 months I was testing negative. Doctor did a blood draw and it was positive. Plus I had a big belly, morning sickness sore boobs the lot. Missed periods. Was funny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back