colic??

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by kellie80, Jan 14, 2006.

1. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

I know all the classic symptoms of colic and i'm quite sure she has it. Only thing i'm not sure of is when she is crying usually between 5pm and 10pm she won't feed at all. So shes going 6 hours or so with out feeding and she only has 3oz anyway. She is sleeping through the nights mostly and goes about 7 hours without a feed. Some days she might only take 10-15oz. Is this caused by colic or something else? Its so frustrating cos she seems really hungry but doesn't want to suck the teat.

2. Guest

I'm not sure hun - could be a question for the HV to make sure you get the right advice.

sorry i cant help

3. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Babies with colic tend to have constant wind so maybe she is full up with wind? Phoebe had colic and I used to have to wind her every 30mins throughout the day. Just rub her back whenever you can. Also are you giving her Infacol before every feed? Works a treat!! :D

4. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Yeah wind as much as you can during the day!

Also, we tried Gripe water as soon as Brody started to cry in the evening and it worked an absolute treat... asllep within 10 mins of gripe water usually!
    At first the 5ml dose was too much for him and he was sick, so we washed and sterilised an old infacol bottle and give it him in the small dropper dosage. ie we'll give him 2x 0.5ml then wait for 20 mins or so, then give him more etc.

Sometimes 0.5 mil is all he needs anyway...5 ml is loads!

5. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

Yeah she has always got loads of wind! Have been using infacol and gripe water but I'm having trouble getting the gripe water down her like you said urchin. Will try the pipet though, sounds like a good idea.

6. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

We are using dentiox colic drops as I kept on forgetting the infacol and the HV said that I needed to use it regularly otherwise it didn't work. The drops come with a syringe but it tasyes nasty and Seren screws up her face. Still it makes her burp which is good.

7. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at remembering infacol too!

8. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Even with the bvottle in front of me I'd still forget, am such a doofus

9. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I made a big post in the winding thread about how I always forget it, then 2 minutes after I hit submit I fed him and STILL forgot it LOL

10. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

awww urchin - that sounds like such a sarah thing to do lol
    urchin how is mason today???
    gripe water is really good helped B alot worth a try

11. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Mason is loads better thanks, he begged me to go to school today, so I dropped him off and told the teacher he'd been under the weather. His temp came down yesterday afternoon and he really perked up. Fingers crossed he stays ok today :)

12. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

OMG u have got a child that begs to go to skool lol - if B is anything like me or garry he will go to skool as a social avent

glad he is feeling better B has got a cold today and its horrible