Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

sarahg

Reaction score
Okay - apologies - I am gatecrashing from the first trimester but really needed some reassurance that symptoms start to get better? I am having such a rough time. I though I would love pregnancy but so far I hate it. I am sooo sick every day and so want it to stop. I got so excited the other day as I woke up to nothing and felt okay until the evening when it all came back with a vengence!

Has everyone else felt this and then got better - I need that honeymoon period! :( I go to france in two weeks and I wanted to feel good for that!

aaww babes.. i didn't get sick at all so i cant really relate to u on that sense... but they say the sickness and symptoms normally subsides around 12 weeks onward.

the only symptom i had was tender breast and that subsided right on time so i wish u luck..

Hi Sarah, I was like you very sick and hated being pregnant but I have to say things are fabulous now! I hardly know I'm pregnant apart from a growing bump and the kicking sessions which are lovely.

I also like you had odd days when I thought I was better but it would come back. In fact its only the last couple of weeks I've been completely sick free but 1-2 times a week down from up to 10 times a day was ok. My doctor put me on some special antihistamines that took a while to kick in but really stopped the sickness. If I missed one I would start being sick again. I think its really worth seeing your doctor to see if you can take something.

Only a very few people are sick the whole way through and if like me you start feeling great then you appreciate feeling good so much. I am hoping that I had my bad luck in the first part of pregnancy and will get off lightly for the remainder. I hope you get better and enjoy your holiday :)

thanks for that guys - Skatty my doctor is awful -he wont let me take anything! Had a real problem with piriton for my hayfever but other doctors on this forum were fine with it. I am having a scan on monday so this will boost me I am sure. I just felt so down earlier. I want this baby more than anything but really didn't expect to feel this gross! Just wanted a little reasurrance. Any other stories are really welcome.

ebony_preggie - I live in Reading as well! I am in caversham - where abouts are you? Thank you for your kind words.

Aww babes, I heard a good tip about sickness from a friend: Have some ginger biscuits on your bedside table and have a nibble on them before you get up. Ginger is meant to help settle your stomach and eat little and often. Your babs is taking up all your energy & nutrition at the mo developing all its vital parts ... thats why you feel so s**t. It will all be worth it I promise. Lots of virtual hugs x

sarahg said:
thanks for that guys - Skatty my doctor is awful -he wont let me take anything! Had a real problem with piriton for my hayfever but other doctors on this forum were fine with it. I am having a scan on monday so this will boost me I am sure. I just felt so down earlier. I want this baby more than anything but really didn't expect to feel this gross! Just wanted a little reasurrance. Any other stories are really welcome.

ebony_preggie - I live in Reading as well! I am in caversham - where abouts are you? Thank you for your kind words.

GOOD OLD OXFORD ROAD .. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back