Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Clarebo

Reaction score
Girls, I wanted to ask your advice. I'm 11 weeks and am sick about 4-6 times a day. I'm hoping things will soon start to get better! When did you begin to feel better if you were sick in your first trimester? Give me hope please, I keep hearing about people that don't ever feel better!!

I will be honest - i had no sickness at all, i was very lucky (not what you want to hear) however most people who i have spoken too have said that yes - the light shines bright in here!!! It will pass and you will get better I promise xxxx

congrats on the pregnancy btw!

xxxxx

Hi Clarebo,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, it's really horrid. I have been getting symptons since about 5/6weeks and at week 13 most of them had gone and i've been feeling human again which is a luxury! I've suffered mainly from chronic headaches, which have been clear for a week and a half now, until today that is. I've got another badish one, not sure if its due to our dog starting her howling at 6.30 this morning and getting myself in a knot about it and shouting at her or the fact we have just spent a grand on a t.v !!!!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shouldn't go shopping with men :lol:
Hopefully it'll have gone by tomorrow tho.

Lots of websites and my midwife & doctors said it's between 12 - 16 weeks before morning sickness settles but there are the odd few that suffer all the way through or at different times. I know of someone who didn't start getting morning sickness until week 16 - a bit strange but then hormones are!

It's tough, when you've been feeling rotten for so long it feels like you never will feel good again, when the day does arrives that you do feel better, and it will, it makes you realise not to take feeling well for granted! That's what I found anyway.

I hope you do feel better soon. You can always talk to your doc. about it. Mine said that if I feel really rough again to go back and see her.

Good luck.

Nicki. :D

Hi ya honey, I was feeling really ill up until about 20 weeks. Most people start to feel better after the first trimester. I did start to feel better once I realised little and often for food was the best. keep drinking lots of water and of there is anything you feel you can eat, eat a little bit of it. You will get better. There are loads of girls on here that were on drips and everything etc and anti sickness pills and things. Things do get better. If you are that bad and worried see what the doc says he might be able to prescribe you something.

Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

hey hun

I've only known of one case where the morning sickness didn't go away, but it wasn't as bad as at first, according to that particular mom. I wasn't sick myself, but I have to say that things did make me nauseous at times, like being in a car with no air and the smell of coffee. My husband drinks mainly coffee and I couldn't even make him a cup in the first trimester. I actually like the smell of coffee again now...so it's slackened off.

I started to feel less tired etc at about 14 or 15 weeks.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back