Is there a light at the end of the tunnel

Jess1979

Reaction score
I really think i'm due a nervous breakdown at the minute.

What has started off as a small job i.e plastering the nursery as I have told hubby I wanted rid of the artex has turned in to a major job with 4 weeks left until xmas.

He decided in his wisdom well if we are plastering the nursery then at the same time we will have our bedroom, living room, down stairs toilet plastered and the landing and hall ceiling.

Everything has been piled into the second big room leaving the other two rooms clear for the plasterer tomorrow.

I'm constently having to wash clothes and bedding due to plaster dust from where they have put extra sockets in.

I know i'm being un greatful but at the mintue living in a pig sty is getting me down. Talk about crying on Friday when I saw the mess.

I have to believe there is a light at the end off the tunnel and just hope the little fella doesn't make an early apperance otherwise we will be buggered.

Any one else decided to do loads of work before the baby comes or have you get more sense than us!

When my little brother was born my parents were in the middle of getting a loft extension and it was September so freezing!

I know it's not amazing advice but if baby comes you'll make it work! Let's all fx that it won't happen tho! Hope your ok!

:hug: we had r house replastered last Xmas and I wasn't pregnant and I nearly lost my mind, so I can only begin to comprehend how u feel! It os worth it when it is done tho!

:hug:

We are planning on trying to get the log burner fitted in the new house before baby arrives so that shes not around loads of dust and constant banging.
Problems we are going to have are:
1. not actually having a definite date of when we get the keys to the house (just hoping it is before christmas)
2. having OHs qualified friend do it but hes doing it on mates rates and I can already tell isnt going to prioritise the work (as I wouldnt tbh)
3. not knowing the full extent of the work. It could end up a complete disaster yet for all we know :(!

I want to get it done before LO is here though so we have a definite warm house. I cant stand being cold :(!

We moved into a house we are renovating and the little bits that add up to a lot are doing my head in, I spent last week tiling the kitchen (we are doing all the work ourselves) I have a massive list including ordering the hall way carpets! x

We moved into a house we are renovating and the little bits that add up to a lot are doing my head in, I spent last week tiling the kitchen (we are doing all the work ourselves) I have a massive list including ordering the hall way carpets! x

Im currently having an arguement with OH about carpets lol! The entire downstairs and hall and landing are a depressing deep red colour and I despise them already. OH seems to think we are keeping them until they get ruined and need replacing - I dont think so :lol:

Awwww bless you, I hope things get done soon!
We decided not to do Grace's room just yet, she'll be staying in our room for a few months anyway.
But once she's here we'll definitely get some ideas written down, fortunately her bedroom only really needs a new paint job and carpet. I'm worried about storing her clothes at the moment though, I'm currently looking for a chest of drawers for a decent price.. which is proving difficult :/ I NEED to store her clothes somewhere though! She's got piles of them xxx

Awwww bless you, I hope things get done soon!
We decided not to do Grace's room just yet, she'll be staying in our room for a few months anyway.
But once she's here we'll definitely get some ideas written down, fortunately her bedroom only really needs a new paint job and carpet. I'm worried about storing her clothes at the moment though, I'm currently looking for a chest of drawers for a decent price.. which is proving difficult :/ I NEED to store her clothes somewhere though! She's got piles of them xxx

Ikea are usually quite reasonable? ebay as well and I think even argos and tescos might have them in their catalogues too :)

Well I got in from work today hoping I would see a start and that plaster would be on our bedroom wall and thanks that the lorry of marmite that had an accident last night on the M1 every thing was in gridlock today and the plasterer couldn't get to us.

You know the saying 'You either love or hate marmite'

I HATE IT

Oh well tomorrow is another day

lol aww hun, im sure it will get sorted soon and you'll cope. When I was born our ground floor had only three walls lol, the dogs water bowl used to freeze and all the food and drink had to be kept in the fridge to stop it freezing lol. My mum and dad coped so I'm sure you'll manage, it'll be worth it when its all done :D

^ That's very true.
My parents and OH's parents always say how lucky we are to even have a house this size and this good! Despite the fact there's no heating downstairs other than a gas fire we recently had put in. Their first houses were extremely small and they slept on mattresses! They didn't have cookers or anything like that because they couldn't afford it, and I was brought up in a tiny flat! xxx

Know how u feel Hun we bought our house in April and just found out I was pregnant as we moved i'n. House Is fab n lots of space (good job with twins on the way) but needed alot of work. Thankfully bot plaster work that had been done but it's an older house, and had exposed wood with no carpet n rendering needed doing bathroom omg the cleaning that took place and the painting and loft work. But worth it wen u start to get somewhere. Iys now feeling more comfortable! And the kitchen/dining room and extension will be done as n wen we can afford it i'n the meantime I'm just making it look as pretty as poss. Keep smiling and it will be over soon ul be glad after x

Well I got in from work today hoping I would see a start and that plaster would be on our bedroom wall and thanks that the lorry of marmite that had an accident last night on the M1 every thing was in gridlock today and the plasterer couldn't get to us.

I HATE IT

Was that real?!??
I didn't see it on the news, only twitter I thought it was a big joke!?

We brought a house that needed a lot of work and all the rooms require plastering, so we've been doing the house up bit by bit. We had the nursery plastered nearly 2 weeks ago (my hubby finally realised that we have a baby on the way!) and I did the undercoat of paint yesterday, we haven't even picked a colour for the walls yet! Currently our front bedroom is full of crap and I just hope that the nursery is ready before LO arrives as its so stressful!

Hope there are no delays today! x x x

We have just bought a house, waiting it for it all to go through which is at least 2 weeks away, we then need to damp proof downstairs, decorate and look into a new boiler system as the one in there is older than ancient. I am only 8 weeks away until due date so i am starting to get a little worried. My poor parents also have a new washing machine and tumble dryer sat in their livingroom and oh's mum cannot get into her garage with all the stuff we have bought in there. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. x

I HATE IT

Was that real?!??
I didn't see it on the news, only twitter I thought it was a big joke!?

It was real. Sheffield and Rotherham were gridlocked and M1 was shut. It was a nightmare.

Been to midwife today and they are doing the home visit in 4 weeks time.

Can anyone tell me how perfect the house has to be?

Lucky when I get home from work today, there should be plaster at least on our bedroom wall so its a start.

we've just discovered that our loft has insufficient insulation and that our cavity walls have no insulation - a minor thing compared to what you are going through at the moment but I have 2 weeks to get the loft emptied so that the work can be carried out and I'm not actually sure I will fit through the loft hatch lol OH might have to get over his fear of spiders and go up there for me lol - wouldn't be quite as bad if we weren't going away this weekend haha oh well it'll all work out in the end.

I hope you all get the work done that you need to before your LO's arrive :eek:)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back