Is there a 3am club? 2nd update!

daftscotslass

Reaction score
I got up to pee half an hour ago and my waters have been leaking ever since. Thought I'd wet myself but then it kept on coming!.

Going to go and get examined but hoping to be home again after. Bee is my text buddy :)

Wee update:

Got monitored for a while (baby's heart rate was a bit fast but soon slowed down) and all is well. Not dilated at all so back this afternoon for some more monitoring and will be helped along tomorrow morning (Saturday!) if there's still no more action. Eep!

ooooooooooo how exciting!!! Are you still around, how is everything now?
Any contractions or anything???? :cheer:

I have been awake since about 4am, but been reading 'What to Expect..'

wooohooo!! another baby :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

best of luck hun, try and get loads of rest in today xxx

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: sounds promising though - as Tilly says, get lots of rest (and some nutritious food), you might well need it very very soon!!! :cheer: :cheer:

oh my goodness, how exciting. Hope things start to get moving for you :dance:

I'm not jealous at all of course... :fib:

What's the secret?

Er.... how is this stuck halfway down the forum?! I only just saw it!

CONGRATULATIONS that sounds like STUFF might be happening :cheer:

Best of luck to you :hug:

Thankoo all!

Still leaking all over the place (I've already exhausted a pack and a half of pads and that's not counting what the floor got!) and had a few uncomfortable twinges (don't want to use the C word!) that were coming fairly regularly but now there's not really a pattern to them. Baby is still dancing away (3/5 engaged) so it's nice and reassuring.

Bub's heart rate was way up when I got to the hospital (170BPM) but the midwife said it was understandable seeing as his or her swimming pool was disappearing rapidly! Within 10 minutes it had settled way down.

Going back to the hospital in a couple of hours where parking will be a bloody nightmare, OH has taken a flexi day from work. Off to have a bath now - will let you know how I get on this afternoon!

Are you allowed to have a bath after your waters have broken? I thought I read somewhere it's not recommended due to the risk of infection?
Or maybe my pregnancy brain just imagined it? :lol:

Yup, as long as it's at home the midwife said (I made a point of asking because I remembered something about it from the antenatal class). They don't let anyone use the baths at the hospital once waters have gone, though, because of the risk of infection. Rather makes me not want to go to hospital at all - bit late now! :lol:

Ah! So it's just the skanky hospital baths. At least being in the bath will save your floor from getting flooded for bit :lol:

Good luck! I'll try to keep people updated ;)

Well I nearly didn't escape that time! Midwife wasn't happy about my BP. Was 160/98 at one point but went down after a while. The midwife made the mistake of telling me before she took my BP a third time I might not be able to go home and Timo would have to leave me at 8 which of course got me into a bit of a state. One of the docs came to see me and agreed that my BP was just borderline and would almost definitely come down if I went home. So I've got home and I've to sit and rest for the rest of the evening and go back first thing tomorrow, phoning them if i have any concerns.

Baby still fine - gave everyone at the day care unit a good laugh because when it wasn't squirming around and messing up the readings (it managed to dodge the probe on the monitor twice) it got the hiccups and screwed up all the baseline reading so I was on the monitor for 45 odd minutes.

Can't believe I might be meeting my baby in the next 24 hours :shock: . Will text Bee or get Timo to text her when there's any developments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back