is pissed off

winnie89

Reaction score
met with my sister in law today and we had a really good chat about our kids (she's got 8 weeks left) and it really pissed me off that our mother in law was having a go at her.

because Hanna is only 19 and her husband is working all hours to make sure that they've got enough for little Olivia and our mother in law really ripped into her.

i feel really bad because before i got pregnant she did the same with me, she just cant accept her 2 boys are both married and going to both be fathers throughout the new year!

i feel really sorry for Hanna because at least i don't have to live with her and Hanna has to (they're waiting for a house on the council) and she feels like nothing she does is good enough!
I've told her not to worry and it'll all be different when Olivia is here!

any one else have the in-laws from hell??

Oh god chick, was she ripping into her about Hannas OH having to work so much? What does MIL expect? Like at least hes being a grown up and supporting his family. Tbh if it was my MIL getting onto me I wouldve let loose back. At the end of the day your SIL is pregnant and doesnt need the stress. Could you not get your OH to tell his brother about the way MIL is acting? xxx

I don't have in-laws from hell but do have in-laws that moan at OH a lot. My pregnancy wasn't planned and OH lives with us at my parents, my mom and dad don't mind if we can't move out yet, but his parents are saying we should move out straight away (which isn't that easy).

Hope things are better for her soon :) x

they already know and i respect that BIL has got a steady full time job, but that's not why MIL was having a go at hanna, it's cuz unlike me hanna hasnt got a job and now she's pregnant the chances that she's going to get one is very slim, and MIL wants to have them in their own house (she doesnt want a screaming baby in her house basically) but even though hanna will get some benefits but not enough to support a baby and a house on one wage (i work full time and i wont be able to support me and babba when i go on maternity leave but this is what today's economy is like) it's just MIL is being funny and it's not fair on them to have her having a go at them all the time when they've been mature and they've got married before baby is born and BIL has got a full time job what more does she want!

Its very hard to get a job in the current economic situation anyway surely your MIL understands this, and your SIL may still find a job afterwards. I think your MIL is just being awkward because of the whole baby in the house keeping her awake maybe. But maybe it will all change when LO is here. x

maybe you never know, i feel bad tho cuz i'm living in my own house and they're stuck at MIL's house not their fault though i guess!

sounds awful and im glad my mil is not like that! last thing needed when ur pregnant and trying to get prepared, but she sounds like she could be a nightmare most of the time x

I've already been through all this except I can't say my MIL was nasty as such, just made me feel very uncomfortable. I think your MIL just behaves like this because she no longer has any control over her boys and their lives and it is her way of retaliation.

I agree with what Hunnie has said.
And your right its not their fault. Something will come up soon xx

yeah, had a few problems with mil before i got married and she was i don't want you to get pregnant and i told her u cant control me i'm not your daughter! but it's gonna be fine, i just don't think she wants to admit that in a very short time she's gonna be a grandma at the age of 43 but pregnancy happens when it happens it's not something you can control! :D but it;'' all be fine she'll get over herself and realize that this happening is a blessing and she love being a grandma to our kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back