pregnant with toddler

abbiesmummy

Reaction score
just wondered how you get on with a toddler?

I have tried to be carefull for the first 12 weeks, trying not to lift Abigail. But I have started lifting her like normal and my mother in law says I shouldn't lift her at all. But I have to, on many occasions. Its difficult because she is getting heavier as she is heading towards 2 years, but what can you do? Putting her in and out of her cot is also getting difficult can't imagine with a bump! Maybe we should make it into a bed! Any advice???

I was careful in the early weeks. My little boy is 3. There were times when I had no choice but to lift him though like when he'd fallen asleep in the car and I had to carry him into the house.

I still have to do that sometimes now. Its really hard when we're out shopping and he has a tantrum cos I cant pick him up as he kicks and thrashes his legs about.

I dont think theres any real danger in lifting heavy things, its more about hurting your muscles I think. The doctor once told me that heavy lifting cant harm a normal pregnancy, just to avoid it if its not absolutely necessary.

As for the bed idea I think you should. Its one less thing to deal with when the baby comes and she'll feel grown up too. Just get a toddler bed with side rails, she should be fine.

Hi

Im struggling with this at the moment when we are out she wants me to hold her at all times and it is getting a bit hard to put her in her crib at night but although she is 14 months we are going to be swtiching her to a toddler bed before LO is born :)
I was also told that when you lift heavy items your told not to mostly to protect yourself as you can hurt yourself easier.
Katrina

I apologise in advance as I actually have nothing constructive to say on this thread....

But I read the title, and thought 'Pregnant with toddler?' Blimey! I thought pregnancy was only supposed to last approximately 40 weeks! :shock:

You must be huuuuuge! :rotfl:

Sorry, I'll get my coat :oops:

Meezie said:
I apologise in advance as I actually have nothing constructive to say on this thread....

But I read the title, and thought 'Pregnant with toddler?' Blimey! I thought pregnancy was only supposed to last approximately 40 weeks! :shock:

You must be huuuuuge! :rotfl:

Sorry, I'll get my coat :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks I needed a good laugh

my little boy is 7 months so have no choice but to carry him!! finding it hard to carry him upstairs but unless he starts walking at an early age i dont have much choice.

all my 3 are still quite young (oldest 3 and youngest 14 months) i just take it really easy when im lifting them and remember to bend propley

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back