Is off for gtt on Friday

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
So I'm for the diabetes test on Friday I didn't get told when to stop eating or drinking I have to be at the hospital for 10 am. And it's been ages since the last one lol

do u not have to not eat from 12 night b4 then get bloods then drink lucazade then go back for bloods
??????

I think that seems right lol coz it's the 3 hour test. Hope Amy will be good lol as I can't get anyone to look after her lol it stupid coz I thought they do a one hour test first then if something is wrong then you go back for 3 hOur test going to be well knackered tomorro lol use to have a coffee when I get up so I can't do that lol I'll have to make a note to myself lol

ive not had one but use to work in a doctors surgery and can remember telling ppl that info so must be about right lol, Its a lot of hanging around though i guess :(

I had it on Wednesday and I wasn't to had anything but water from 12 the night before. Had my blood taken from my finger and drew blood from my arm. Then I had to drink a disgusting glucose drink straight after and then wait 2 hours. X

I had it on Wednesday and I wasn't to had anything but water from 12 the night before. Had my blood taken from my finger and drew blood from my arm. Then I had to drink a disgusting glucose drink straight after and then wait 2 hours. X

This is actually what I did on Wednesday lol. shame we weren't i the same hospital we could have chatted, and agree with the drink being disgusting, warm thick gone off tasting lucozade :lol:

Rósa;1801115 said:

This is actually what I did on Wednesday lol. shame we weren't i the same hospital we could have chatted, and agree with the drink being disgusting, warm thick gone off tasting lucozade :lol:

Haha, yeah that would have been wicked! I was soooo bored I fell asleep in the waiting room! It was my one big snore that woke me up! Shamefull! lolol

mines all different. Im not allowed to eat or drink from 9.45pm then at 7.45 have to wee then drink 410ml of original lucozade and not drink anything until i go to the hospital to have bloods taken at 9.45am and a urine sample. :/

Why have i got to fast for 12hrs?? and drink the drink 2 hrs before my first lot of blooods? x

Does everyone have these tests or is it because of something being identified at a routine MW appt? I've not had them so was just wondering? x

if u need 1 you will be told at your 28w appointment. I was told i had to had one from day one....so im guessing tis cos i have a high BMI.... :/

if u need 1 you will be told at your 28w appointment. I was told i had to had one from day one....so im guessing tis cos i have a high BMI.... :/

Same here, had my results though and they are normal so yay can still eat chocolate! :lol:

Does everyone have these tests or is it because of something being identified at a routine MW appt? I've not had them so was just wondering? x

I had one cos I'm high risk. Family history and ethnicity made me high risk for it. Didn't have it in my last pregnancy though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back