is it speeding up now????

charlibear85

Reaction score
hiya all,
had an appointment with midwife yersterday for my ani natel check up, she did everything as normal, and wrote in my pregnancy notes.
when i got home i had a look throught to see what she had wrote, and it says that the babies head is 3/5 engagged. what does this mean???? and does this mean things are speeding up now??
as i havent even had a twinge yet and i only have nine days till due date, it would be nice if things were finally moving along, coz i was hoping the baba would come before my due date.

so if someone can fill me in on what 3/5 engagged means and if they have any idea how long labour might be that would be great!!
thanks

love charl
xxxx

im also in the same situation... it means 2/5's of the babys head is in your pelvis now.... it can happen from 35 weeks on... so may not mean labour is just around the corner yet... although im hoping it will be for me :wink:

fingers crossed youve not got long to wait now.. keep us posted

Hi,
My notes say babys head has been 2-3/5 th engaged for the past three check ups, and i am now 4 days over due! :(
plus the head can move back up and down for a little while...

I thought i was going to be early but no such luck! :?

hey charlibear,
try getting a birthing ball and gently rocking from side to side, my midwife advices that this helps the head to engage as it opens up the pelvis more.
You can just use a gym ball which you can pick up from argos for £4. I use one for an hour every day.

Dont worry too much about the babys head engaging as some women dont engage until they are in labour.

I had midwife yesterday and she said my bubba's head is not engaged yet much to my dismay! Although she said she could feel that it had moved down from 2 weeks ago. Just to clarify the above she did say that too, it can sometimes only happen just as labour begins.

still nothing yet,
although i did take cats advice and get a birth ball, its alot of fun LOL and really comfy 2 sit on LOL

im so impatient lol i just want him to come out now LOL

will keep u posted if anything happens

love charl
xxxx

yea im impatient too!! just want him out now! got excited earlier as ive been having period like cramps/aches for a while and also bad back ache! thought things might be hurrying up a little, hope so!! also my mum came over earlier and she said my bump has dropped!! (i cant really notice thou!!!!) so hopefully im not too far off but dont wana speak too soon!! lol getting so uncomfortable now too, back aches more than anything!!

good luck all, hopefully we'll be meeting our buba's soon!!

x

same ere steph lol i have had dull back ache since tuesday and just started getting a bit uncomfortable in my tum, maybe things are moving along!!!

god i hope so LOL

xxxx

yea hope so! i seem to be fine today though! typical, just as i was getting excited!! still have a dull back ache though! see my midwife later today so will see what she says! just want baby here with me now! fed up of people ringing up and saying "well anything yet...." argh!!!!

6 days left now,

back ache and tummy ache had gone this morning when i woke up, and still nothing............
oh well i suppose he will come out when he is ready wont he?
although i wish he would be ready now LOL
i didnt realise that it would be this frustrating!!!!!

6 Days over due - Now thats frustrating!!
am almost a week past my due date!
Just SO want baby out now...

no date yet - seeing midwife next thurs then i will have a scan and then i presume an induction date.
I have said i would prefer not to be induced if at all poss.
Of course if me or baby are in risk then i will go ahaead with it..

though proabably will be wanting to be induced shortly!!! getting fed up!

wow you must be so fed up now hypnorm! im so frustrated already and still have 10 days to go untill my due date! i just want this baby out now!

i would be 2, has anyone seen hypnorm or soconfused??

maybe they have had their babas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back