Fed up

kerryp

Reaction score
Im getting fed up with people asking me if baby is here yet... dont they think i would tell them if it was?!?! Its bloody obvious if they come & see me that im still pregnant! AND when they ask "any signs yet?" they dont actually want to know... what they mean i "is baby here yet" but dont know another way to say it..... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i had a massive show on friday & have had little shows for the last 3 weeks so thought little one might have been holding off until its due date but so far this morning it doesnt look like it *sigh*

Annoying isn't it?!

I had 2 phonecalls yesterday from people asking if baby was here, numerous texts and emails, and the texts have already started this morning....I'm not due until tomorrow and getting sooooo fed up with it. Like when OH phones from work daily to ask if I'm in labour....

"Oh yeah, I just forgot to mention it"

Idiots :evil:

Chin up Kerry, it'll not be long :hug:

i know exactly how you feel, my father in law just phoned my husband and asked if there was any sign yet, my husband said he was here already, but father in law just about choked on his coffee, i almost wet myself laughing :rotfl:

Silly questions, if he was on the way we would have informed everyone, just be so glad when it does finally happen, hope not too long for all of us.

thanks guys, its nice (if thats the right word) to know im not on my own. My OH just keeps brushing it off saying that its peoples way of showing they care.... NO ITS NOT! They just wanna see the baby! My texts, email etc for today started at 12.40AM so its probably no suprise after being up for numerous wee's through the night as well as the messages that im not the happiest of bunnies on my "due date". My sister has told me that if it doesnt come by the time she goes back to where she lives today can i ask the consultant at my term+ appointment to be induced on friday so she can see it next weekend when shes home before she goes on holiday!!! :eek: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO! That really would bugger up my home birth plans even if it was that easy!!!
Ah well at least i know now it really shouldnt be that long coz the drs etc will start getting involved now as well :)

Littlebump-thinking of you & hope you have yours v soon as well :D I think i might start telling people that have asked more than once today that yes its here but that i didnt want them to know hahahaha

I'm with ya ladies,

C'mon babies, get a move on!!

C xxx

im getting this already and im not even due 4 a week. people who dont usually bother 2 text or phone u now take the time 2 text u. they r just being nosey!
my mum makes me laugh bless her, if i dont contact her in the day she will always call me in the eve 2 check im ok lol.

:wall: :wall: :wall: me n my friend Simon ave just been down the shop for some cash...

Simon is absolutely stunned at how us pregnant ladies get treated...

have had one dense as fuck woman look at me and say "have you had the baby yet?" :roll: :wall: I just pointed at my belly and said.. ermmm NO!

then my ex work colleague said "are you sure there's not twins in there?? and then prodded me really hard in the stomach"

am fookin sick of it...

next person who asks me to my face if i've had the baby yet i'm gonna say "yes i had it two months ago" just to see the look on their faces... :wall: :wall: :wall: fookin people do my nut in!!!

Ive had this one already!!
Someone I hadnt seen for a few months, went " god are you STILL pregnant??? Havent you had it yet?"

Ermmm nooo, its usually a 9 month thing you IDIOT!!!!

people just feel like they HAVE to comment don't they...

Girls i have no idea how u feel...

i'm nearly 34weeks and get this all the times!! so god knows how u girlies feel when your due/almost due!!

people are so STUPID..

i get the comments all day long at work.

"you still not popped"?
"whens IT due"?
"is it a boy or a girl"?
"when do you leave to have your kid"?

and constant texts from friends saying "hows you and junior?" EVERYDAY!!

so i just text them bk saying "were BOTH fine, if theres any change i'll let you know"
i feel so moody with my replies sometimes, but its sooo annoying!

rant over hehe xxx

Anyone else got people on face book stating on their profile...

"cant wait to see (my) baby" or words to that effect?!!

....talk about even more pressure if texts and calls arnt enough!! Its chuffin worse than my DH updating every twinge, show and fart that I make that MIGHT be *it*, at least he has a connection to this bubba, some of the folks we dont even know that well (collegues, old school pals-All DH's I might add as I dont have an account) :talkhand:

aramintalovegrove said:
I know the feeling Im going to start saying yes when they ask!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love this. Am gonna try it on the next call/text :lol:

I totally know how you all feel. I get texts that say 'hi. had your baby yet?' or 'any news yet?' Never mind asking about how I am or anything :roll: Everytime I get asked it just reminds me that he should be here by now :wall:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh its great to realise im not on my own. I didnt realise there was a "cluster" of us due within a few days as well :D if my mum says one more time "you should be more active" or words to that effect i SWEAR i will kill her! Im never off my feet... im not hoovering granted - bloody dyson is tooo heavy to move anywhere at the mo.. or scrubbing the floor... id never get back up..... But im never still!

As for the belly poking... my sis was doing that yesterday! She said she could do it ALL day. Well bully for her, if she had done it much longer to me i would have slapped her :lol:

I have had a couple of nice messages today though. One from someone i know who has experience of being overdue & was basically saying "hang on in there" & she was thinking of me & all the cr@p i'd be getting now. The other asked how i was - which i took to mean "any news" so when i replied with "nothing new to report" i got a message back saying "i pressumed that because you hadnt told me, but what i was really asking about was how YOU are, not the baby" which was nice.....

Still waiting for someone that i can pull "yes its here" or "its been here a while but i didnt think you were important enough to tell" on though :rotfl:

I had this so much with Lucy, as if you wouldn't tell them if baby had arrived!! Plus why do they think that they're the ones suffering with all the waiting, no-one could possibly be more impatient to meet the baby than it's mother!

When asked "had I not had the baby yet" I said "oh yes, last week, didn't anyone tell you" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back