Is it possible to have the baby blues before the baby is born?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
Its just that i have been feeling so so down since friday and cant seem to shake it off. Its not the usual feeling low feeling, its a lot deeper and I just feel like im in another world and cant even seem to force a smile. Feeling seriously depressed. Anyone else have this around the time baby is due? x

i think feeling low is quite common how ever not experianced this and dint want o read and run .have u spoke to your family/partner how ur feeling for a little support,u need to keep posative have a go through your baby bits and think within a week 2 at the most ur baby will be with you and this awfull feeling will go away .if ur notin a position to speek to family speek to your midwife about it . hope all goes well and its not long now for you xxxx

Not yet but yes there is prenatal depression so speak to your mw or dr. Don't bottle it up. It may be pent up worry about labour and being a mum. You don't need to go through it alone hun so make sure you speak to someone. Also eat and drink enough. Sounds silly but sometimes lacking something in your diet affects you xx

Hi Hun -TBH since Friday I have felt very similar -I cant quite put my finger on it. I have and still do at times suffer wtih anxiety but not depression and I am usually very upbeat outgoing person
Friday i had a miserable day at work felt very unsociable. sat was ok had family over but then my mum upset me so actually woke yesterday with that on my mind that our relationship is not close anymore BUT am sure this wasnt the whole reason.
i felt heady and tired and tearful
i have actually rang in sick today just couldnt face work,trains or talking to anyone.
its my dads birthday toady and his been gone 5 years but again i usually celebrate this day and remember him fondly
but today same as u feel low low low.

sorry to go on but just to say maybe its the hormones, the worry of bringing a life into this world, the tiredness it could be a combination.

have u spoken to anyone about this - i always make my partner away ASAP

Sending u hugs xxxxx

Last night i was feeling really crap and fed up!

Think its with being so uncomortable, feeling like a whale and not being able to do much or walk far.
Im to scared to go out on my own know with not knowing if ill go into labour while shopping!

Im feeling alot better today tho.
So hope it passes for u huni...

Not long now :) xxxx

Thanks girls - glad im not the only one. OH is not so good at helping when i feel low. He reacts by completely going into himself and being quiet, which makes me more anxious and stressed. Im trying to keep it together a bit more today, just trying to be a bit more active and busy so that im not moping around with to much time on my hands to think. Its just a scary way to feel. Over the weekend i really felt like i had no control over how low i was feeling, and it scared me, it was like i couldnt see a light at the end of the tunnel...wierd because im so looking forward to baby being here, but even that couldnt cheer me up. Hope you are all feeling better xxx

my friends partner reacts very simliar when shes down he cant cope. do u have family or friends u can call on? glad your keeping busy though and starting to feel a bit better. it is scary and here if u ever want to pm me.
my partner is kind of used to my anxiety so its more easy for him to deal with it.
thinking of u and hugs coming your way xxx

my friends partner reacts very simliar when shes down he cant cope. do u have family or friends u can call on? glad your keeping busy though and starting to feel a bit better. it is scary and here if u ever want to pm me.
my partner is kind of used to my anxiety so its more easy for him to deal with it.
thinking of u and hugs coming your way xxx

Thanks hun. Iv spoken to my mum and dad and also to my good friend who has also had a baby about 7 months ago, so i do have support. Do wish OH would be more supportive tho as he is the one who is here all the time, but its just his way of dealing with me being down. Its hard. x

i know its tough, like u wish OH was supportive I wish my mum was more close to me :-(

still not out of my PJ's BTW ha ha xxxx

I feel like this when I'm really tired. A sleep usually helps and I wake up feeling refreshed again! :) hope it passes. If not they can refer you for some antenatal counselling xxx

I had prenatal blues for the first few months of this pregnancy, it deffo exists and it's not nice. Luckily it's got better, hopefully this is just your hormones and tiredness. Also, ur at the stage now where it all becomes real and a bit daunting at how much is going to change. Hope u start feeling a bit better soon. Xx

Its horrible feeling down when your pregnant, cos you feel so guilty. You know you should be happy, theres a little baby coming. Been feeling better today for sure - not great, and not back to my usual self, but not as stuck in a deep dark hole as i did over the weekend. I think i was just thinking about the labour way too much, running different scenarios through my head and it completely freaked me out, coupled with the everyday stresses that im trying to deal with, i think it just all got too much for me. I'm just trying to not think about things too much and just let it pan out. Hope all u ladies are feeling well xx

I hope u have better day tmrw.im still flat tbh so hoping getting back to work tmrw will help.
My boyfriend. Came home . stressed we have work going on in house and he was moaning he has to sort it all out.
Told him I have baby stuff to worry about I do all house bits etc his gone upstairs with hump so not only spent day on my own but the evening too.x

I hope u have better day tmrw.im still flat tbh so hoping getting back to work tmrw will help.
My boyfriend. Came home . stressed we have work going on in house and he was moaning he has to sort it all out.
Told him I have baby stuff to worry about I do all house bits etc his gone upstairs with hump so not only spent day on my own but the evening too.x

Oh hun, what is it with OH's and their funny moods. Try and chill out, watch a movie. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back