baby blues

tiny_tanya

Reaction score
hey, just wondering if any one else feeling the same?

im 31 weeks and since i found out i been really looking forward to baby, but recently feel so miserable, lost all nesting instincts, keep having doubts, and dont wanna talk to any one really, just wanna hide away.

i know some women feel a little down when the birth becomes close, but how long does this feeling last, will i be excited again? i have suffered with depression before, i dont think im depressed just more scared about whats to come.

i just feel so unatractive, and little things like the pain in pelvis makes me wanna scream and makes me regret having the baby. i know its not babies fault, but feel like i need to blame some one, im just not happy any more.

I want to enjoy this experience, but i wake up every day wishing i could just stay asleep until baby arrives, im not even fussed about labour or the pain any more, just want baby out of me.

i feel better when my partner is close and gives me compliments and that, makes me feel like all this is worth while. but i cant expect him to be there 100% of the time, so the rest of the time, im finding my self crying and crying, and nothing seems to cheer me up.

i feel embarrassed to be seen outside with my bump, i think i just feel hideous, i want my body back, fed up with looking like this, i cant find any nice clothes, i feel like my bf is going off me for some reason, and will start looking at other women, am i mad? does any one actually feel sexy being pregnant?

please i hope there are other people out there feeling like this, can you offer some advice

Hi Tanya

Sorry you're feeling so down. I'm sure everyone gets moments of panic -having a baby is about the biggest and scaryist thing you can do.

I am up and down like a yo-yo and i think we should remember that no one feels that great with PMT and it's the same hormones isn't it?

Don't feel too bad about how you feel just accept that you're having an off week or two and it's not forever.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love Louise x

Dear Tanya,

I know just how you are feeling. I am 37 weeks now and huge, i am not enjoying going out so much now either, its hot, your hands swell up, nothing fits and you feel like people are staring.
:roll:
But dont worry, it's quite normal to get fed up towards the end. Just concentrate on relaxing, pamper yourself, rent a great movie, eat your favourite induldgent foods and buy some magazines.
I find that going for a walk in the morning to the park cheers me up, as i am spending more time cooped up indoors.
I hope you feel happier soon,
PL x :)

hi Tanya,

I was wondering exactly the same as you, was it just me feeling down and unattractive :cry:, i have had loads of times when i have just sat crying but why? i don't know. I guess it's our hormones getting all mixed up ready for birth, i too have suffered from depression so i was sooo scared when these feelings came along, i was thinking alsorts of things still am from time to time - (i have 16 days left until my due date). Such as are these pre-natal blues, or is the depression back it's such a scary feeling. Chin up though and keep going hey :D after all it will be worth it when we hold our tiny bundles for the first time, can't wait :wink: kathy

Hi Tanya

sorry to hear you are so down, i know exactly how you feel except i have been like that since i found out i was pregnant.

you need to find a way to relax and take yourself away from people with negative thoughts or comments that bring you down. As for feeling hideous because of your body, i also hate people staring etc, but you have to ignore them. i dont think anyone feels sexy nearer the end of pregnancy, most of us have had enough!

glad that your partner is supportive, and i would expect him to be there for you more or less 100%

hope you find a way to feel better and dont worry, your pregnancy be over soon

suedette

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back