Is it possible to be pregnant but still get a period??

KateDan

Reaction score
I've read that it's possible for a woman to be pregnant but still get her period. R their any ladies here that have experienced this?
I'm curious because my period this month was 5 days late..
Me and my partner had sex during the days i was ovulating that month and the condom broke. I was so sure i was pregnant. I had this "feeling". I "felt" pregnant.
My period was late and with every passing day I was more and more sure i was pregnant.
But then I had my period and I was so surprised.!! Also, it wasn't like my normal periods. Usually, my tummy cramps up a few minutes before i see my first spots of blood. But this time, I started cramping on and off for about 2 days before my period. Plus i usually get a lot of blood on my first day. But this time I had hardly any blood on the first day. But my period DID last 4 days like it normally does. Sorry to go into so much detail.

So, is it possible for me to have my period but be pregnant?

I have heard it is possible why dont you try a hpt hun best of luck

I don't think it's an actual period that ladies get when pregnant, it's light spotting that they mistake for a light period. That's my understanding x

I don't think it's an actual period that ladies get when pregnant, it's light spotting that they mistake for a light period. That's my understanding x

I do know that u get light spotting caused my implantation of the egg...This isn't what i got...It's just that a good friend of mine told me that her mother got her period even though she was pregnant...She got a 3-day period..This got me thinking...But maybe i'm just kidding myself....

Have you done a test? That's the only way to know if you've got doubts x

i think doing a test would just be a waste of money...plus i'd be getting my hopes up and i don't want to be dissapointed....i think i'll wait 'til next month.....:) reading through somes posts , i've seen that some women in this forum haven't found out that they were pregnant until their 20th week because they got their period! maybe i'm one of them....i'd rather get a surprising missed period next month if i am prego, rather than a dissapointing neg preg test if i'm not....

Yes its possible. My nana had proper looking periods when she was pregnant - it's common to have them upto 3 months as well and then stop for the last 6 months when the placenta takes over.

You can get tests for 99p - even 2 for a pound in poundworld, i would test just so you know one way or th eother, least then you can plan your timings for the next month xx

Hi i just thought i would share my story.
I found out i was pregnant with my little girl When i was about 14weeks pregnant as i was still getting periods.
I had 2 while pregnant and it wasnt just spotting BUT it was lighter than usual and only last 3days rather than 5.
I was still taking the pill when i fell preg so my doctor put it down to that as i started taking the pill to regulate my periods and calm them down. I was only on the pill for about 5mohts before i found out i was preg. It is possible BUT very unlikely. My doctor said she has only ever seen 2 people it happen to.

Good luck xx

You can get tests for 99p - even 2 for a pound in poundworld, i would test just so you know one way or th eother, least then you can plan your timings for the next month xx

where i live tests cost about 20 pounds...i dont live in the uk...but i'm on the uk forum cause i'm half brittish... i'm hesitating to spend so much...but i will take a test if my next period is irregular as well or if i'm late ...tnx :)

Hi i just thought i would share my story.
I found out i was pregnant with my little girl When i was about 14weeks pregnant as i was still getting periods.
I had 2 while pregnant and it wasnt just spotting BUT it was lighter than usual and only last 3days rather than 5.
I was still taking the pill when i fell preg so my doctor put it down to that as i started taking the pill to regulate my periods and calm them down. I was only on the pill for about 5mohts before i found out i was preg. It is possible BUT very unlikely. My doctor said she has only ever seen 2 people it happen to.

Good luck xx

i am aware of how unlikely this is....just thought i'd check just in case...who knows, maybe i'm a rare case too....:) only a test will show......

where i live tests cost about 20 pounds...i dont live in the uk...but i'm on the uk forum cause i'm half brittish... i'm hesitating to spend so much...but i will take a test if my next period is irregular as well or if i'm late ...tnx :)
:shock: thats expensive, yeh I would hesitate to test too for that amount! x

I dont understand you have had good advice on here, you are posting the same question elsewhere?

I dont understand you have had good advice on here, you are posting the same question elsewhere?

ye....dont mean to be offensive... all the ladies here have been very helpful....and i do appreciate it...i was just curious to see how many women this has happened to....aparrently quite a few....i'm sure a lot of ladies have subscribed to more than one forum....plz dont take it personally...

and if u hav seen my post on oyher forums, then that means u r on them too....there's no shame in wanting advise from as many people as possible....

Take no notice hun, coconut has only made 2 posts and both of them have been arsey.
None of us will ever mind you asking for advice, this is a friendly forum xx

Take no notice hun, coconut has only made 2 posts and both of them have been arsey.
None of us will ever mind you asking for advice, this is a friendly forum xx

tnx...:) that's really sweet....! if i do get a pos result on my test i'll post it...i think it will be worth mentioning....

you can post the question on 100 forums if you like! though tthat post was a bit rude tbh

wow expensive for a test which country u in ? go to ur gp n get a free test if u can xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back