Is it normal not to be sick?

Leana

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Ok so I'm pregnant (well at least that is what the two tests have said).... and a honeymoon baby too! Could I have planned that any better?

So my questions really are weather what I'm feeling (or not feeling) is normal....

I am just over 6 weeks pregnant and I've had no nausia or sickness!
I am exhaudted all the time, and I have a few small aches and pains in my stomach.... and I need to loo a little bit more than normal (but then normal for me was only ever once a day!).

So does that sound right to you? I'm probably most concerned about the lack of sickness (I know I should be greateful) but does this mean my baby is not healthy? Should I be worried?

Any advice would be great thanks

Leana x

Oh forgot to mention I do have very sore breasts!

i dont know about anyone else, but up until tuesday i just felt sick, wasnt actually sick! tho i had the aches, pains and more frequent loo going. i am not entirely sure how far gone i am. could be between 4 weeks (well 5 tomorrow) or 8 weeks (9 tomo). from tuesday evening, right through til wed morn i was sick as a dog. still feeling sick now, but no actual sickness today. thank god.

Hello there and congratulations,

What you are experiencing all sounds good, not everyone suffers with sickness and everyone is different. There is no actual evidence to suggest that morning sickness means a healthier pregnancy, I think they just say that so women who are experiening feel a bit better!!!!!!

I didn't start feeling sick until around week 8 and then it was on and off, this morning is the first time I have actually thrown up something other than just the lining of my stomache!!!!! I am just coming up for 11 weeks on Sunday. 13 days and counting til scan!!!!

Morning sickness doesnt hit some people until 8 weeks+ so it could still happen!

Or you might be like me and have a totally sickness free pregnancy - and I know which I prefer!! :D

Not having morning sickness doesnt mean anything, its an old wives tale that the sicker you are the healthier your pregnancy is, it just depends on how well your body copes with the increase of hormones!

There is no right or wrong on how many symptoms you are supposed to have, and I personally have had very few, although now have a large bump, which is the best symptom ever :D

Not everybody gets all of the symptoms. I wasn't sick with my first. Try to relax it is okay not to feel pregnant. You'll have a bump and kicks to prove your baby is there in no time xxx

In my first pregnancy i wasnt sick at all (apart from labour) i didnt even feel it. Everyone is different, this time round im constantly sick and i feel really uncomfortable all the time. I use to take the mick out of my friend she never left the toilet in her pregnancy but i now have got my comeback :puke: Cheish not being sick id love to swap places :rotfl:

Thank you all so much!

Its nice to know that I am as normal as I can be!

Because its our first, and we haven't told anyone, there's no one to ask these questions to. I'm sure once the midwife gets in contact she will have loads of answers but until then its nice to know I'm not the only M2B with these symptoms (or lack of them).

Everyones different hun. My first pregnancy I tihnk I was sick twice all the way through. So far this one I've only felt sick but nothing has came of it *yet*!!

Be greatful you're not being sick!!

Every person and every pregnancy is different hun.
You still have time to feel sick, I got really sick around 7 weeks but again, you might not get it at all. I know a lady who had twins, they say with twins the sickness is worse, but she didn't have one bit of sickness at all.
Count yourself lucky and congratulations on your BFP!! :D

im on my second child i'm 9 weeks gone and with my first child i was sick every day for nine months and ten days cos i went over due but this time i havn't been sick that much just the odd day. it is wierd not being sick while i'm pregnant when i expected to though. kez xx

Everything sounds normal to me. Not everyone gets the sickness (lucky sods!), evry pregnancy and every woman is different so don't worry. Think yourself very lucky!!
And congratulations on the honeymoon baby!! :hug: :hug:

huge congrats hun :hug: :hug:

like the girls say everyone is different i knew i was preg becuase was being really sick but then sickness started to go and now its coming back again

have a happy and healthy 9 months :hug: :hug:

I was dreadfuly sick with my first 2 but this time ive only got the really bad nausea which is driving me crazy :wall: Many congrats to you sweety :hug:

i was never actually :puke: during my first pregnancy, just a kind of constant nausea throughout the day, made worse if i havnt eaten. this lasted from about wk 8 until about 13 wks.

This time round is much and such the same apart from the nausea started in wk 5.

Other than that my symptoms as similar to you, tiredness, sore boobs and pee-ing more than usual. I also used to go about once a day lol!! and now i am up 3 times in the night alone!!

Congratulations by the way lol!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back