is it jealousy

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
please help me work this out, alfie is and always has been a mummys boy, as you know ian works away and during the week alfie is content happy and so settled, now when ian comes home hes a devil he really is he is such hard work and i get stressed out, i have wracked my brains as i dont understand why, if i nip out i come back to a happy father and son scene and its lovely, when its just those two in the morning hes happy and when its just me and alfie hes amazing he really is, now when its the 3 of us he is just so wingey and whiney and you can tput him down, iv noticed this over the last few weeks, loli even wondered at one point does he like daddy which i knopw he does as seeing them together is ... well its just wow, there is such a bond as there is with me and alfie, the only thing i can think of could he be jealous? jealous of sharing me with his daddy and his daddy with me therefore demanding constant attention? if this is the case what can we do to help it because ians getting upset thinking its because of him as when hes away he calls and asks how things are and i reply that they are great. We have tried doing things the 3 of us, etc but he is having none of it, this weekend has been the worst ever hes so mardy and i actually have a migrane, please any suggestions will be great i dont know what to do!

well it does sound to me like it could be jealousy, or it could be that Alfies normal routine (mon - fri) is messed up with Daddy being around.
when Josh was around 1 year & Rich used to work evenings quite a lot, when he finished evenings & was here in the evenings instead Josh wouldn't settle atall it was awful.
i used to say to Rich 'can you sit where he can't see you!! :rotfl: it was that bad.

thinking about it as i've written i reckon its deffo a mixture of the two things.
as for a solution?? :think: :think: hmmmmm i don't know!
sorry hun. :hug:

cheers hun ians just come down after putting him to bed and he was fine, so we have decided to try get out the house the three of us, take him swimming and instead of sharing the load try do more the 3 of us, we do at home but when we took him to the park last week he loved it and was so good all day, i do think it is hard for him adjusting all of a sudden to daddy being back and going away, and that he has to share us, it could be me getting in the way of daddy alfie time as he knows there isnt much but it is driving me round the bend whatever it is i think as of now weekend willk be more eventfull etc see how we get on.

Maybe its just the fact its a diferent routine, he has become used to just having one of you at a time, is it noisier when your oh is at home maybe theres more going on, and he is wanting more stimulation.
I don't think jelousy comes in to it, they don't even know what that is at this age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back