Is BLW possible before 6 months?

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
So Lizzie is fascinated when OH and I eat, and she's always picking up her toys and putting them straight in her mouth so I was thinking about offering her some baby porridge when she hits 4 months.
However, after reading lots about BLW I think I would like to go down that route so I guess I want to avoid the whole spoon feeding thing? Is there anything that would be safe to put in front of Lizzie earlier than 6 months just to see if she's interested? I don't know if she really needs to eat anything to fill herself up, but it's just the fact everything she touches is going into her mouth and if there is something she's allowed it would be nice to see if she wants it.

Don't get me wrong, if I have to wait till 6 months then I will, just asking in case there's that option :)

Honestly? I'd wait x it's good she's fascinated in you eating but I would try to hold off as long as possible x watching you eat will only help her understand what to do when you do start x digesting foods is harder for a baby younger than 6 months old and I have a few other reasons it's better to wait if you want me to inbox you?

I think I will wait :) Yeah if you can inbox me it would be good - not to convince me, but no doubt there will be people (MIL's anyone?) who want to say otherwise!

I started charley on finger food last week so he was 5 and a half months. I personally wouldn't start any earlier x x

I used to let them munch on things probs from about 5 months! If they're ready they'll do it, if nit they won't bother ;)

I started Matt on purees at 19 weeks - then he took to feedign himself like a duck to water, he eats everything I give him, he loves toast :love:

i would love to BLW next time ( in many years to come according to OH! lol) but i would deffo wait a bit longer if i were you! im now combining TW with finger foods!

I'm gonna try and hold out for as long as possible, until it looks like he needs it more than just wants it/being nosey. A puts everything in his mouth now and even steals food off my plate!
This is gonna sound really stupid but... When BLW-ing how do you give breakfasts? Do you do toast or something similar or cereal type food?
I have no idea about BLW so Helen expect loads of q's from me when I start!!

I'm gonna try and hold out for as long as possible, until it looks like he needs it more than just wants it/being nosey. A puts everything in his mouth now and even steals food off my plate!
This is gonna sound really stupid but... When BLW-ing how do you give breakfasts? Do you do toast or something similar or cereal type food?
I have no idea about BLW so Helen expect loads of q's from me when I start!!

no idea! lol. have you read helens blw journal? the breakfasts will be in there! its so inspiring i love reading it!!! lol.

I started but I never get past the first few lines cos aiden is such an attention seeker I hardly get to come on here. Saying that I could've done it today I've been on for 3hours now!! I'll have a peek in a sec, cheers Hun!

Ooooooooo Amy!! Is it you I said I'd send that book to?! It completely slipped my mind and then I found it when I was packing and couldn't remember who it was for the life of me :blush: if you still want it, PM me your address again Hun, sorry, I've got a brain like a sieve :blush:

Ooooooooo Amy!! Is it you I said I'd send that book to?! It completely slipped my mind and then I found it when I was packing and couldn't remember who it was for the life of me :blush: if you still want it, PM me your address again Hun, sorry, I've got a brain like a sieve :blush:

hhahah dont worry!!! id totally forgotten about it too!!! lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back