• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is anyone growing out of their maternity clothes?

samanthajayne

Reaction score
i have :( all my maternity tops seem to come half way up my belly now and it feels wrong having bump on show and also it just makes me look like my clothes are too small. i didn't want to have to go and buy more clothes but looks like i will just to see me through the next few weeks

yeah grew out of my cargo pants last week (well peed), and otehr stuff even earlier, i feel i need to ahve another cull through my wardrobe!

It is frustrating to be so far along and have to consider buying more stuff. Luckily PJs still fit! ha ha

Sandi

I've grown out of the only pair of trousers that are any good for going out in the evening. I didn't want to buy anything else. If I can't squeeze into them tonight I'm going to be grumpy all evening in the pub in something frumpy.

Yep...I did too at about 35 weeks!! when I first got pregnant i couldn't imagine some of the maternity clothes ever fitting me properly (they looked HUGE!!!) then all of a sudden they were too small!! :shock: I just tried to manage on the bits that did fit and cos I'm off work I can wash things more often. Unfortunateky the things that fit aren't are nice as the other stuff...I look like a total minger!!!! :shock:

:hug: thx for your replies girls. i'm glad i'm not alone. i was half expecting replies to say that nobody has had any problems with clothes and that i was the only one with problems and i had gone wrong somewhere :lol: i started buying matenity clothes around 18 weeks i think i was and i also remember thinking my god they are huge i'm never going to fit into them and now they don't fit. i guess we don't ever imagine ourselves getting so big.

and omg yes thank goodness for pj's. i have had to buy 2 sizes bigger but still i think they are the only items of clothing i have that fit properly. i'd go out in those if i could :rotfl:

it only made me think about clothes as i am suppost to be going to the cinema tonight and after going through all my clothes realised i have absolutley nothing nice to wear anymore. i know its only the cinema but its still nice to feel good when going out. all i have is baggy pants and half fitting tops. my jeans don't fit anymore either and they were the only pants that made me feel good. i'll either have to call off going to the cinema or go and also feel frumpy and grumpy. staying in and watching tv sounds so much better though at the moment :D

Don't stay in, you've only got a couple more weeks of freedom.

It'll be dark in the cinema so no one will see what you're wearing.

I don't know about the rest of me but my bum certainly has!!! :oops: The backside of my work trousers are sooo tight!!!

As for tops riding up, think I'm going to get some cheap bump bands on ebay to cover those inches of belly showing, plus some more long vest tops from Primark.

My bump band is consantly on to cover any bump flashing that goes on, i dotn have maternity tops as such but all my other tops that were so long when i first got them are now flashing belly.

As for trousers, most im still ok in, but my skinny maternity jeans are getting slightly snug now, having said that most of my materntiy jeans were HUGE when i first got them and remained that for as while.

I must confess i popped the button off my jeans two days in a row, kinda implies they're a litle too tight, but i'm still wearing them, no way am i buying more trousers now :shakehead:

Yes!! I thought it was only me. I've still got one week of work left and I have been wearing the same 2 or 3 outfits for the last couple of weeks. It doesn't feel great, but I just couldn't see spending more money when I'm so close. I would def recommend the bump bands. I wear them almost everyday due to my shirts riding up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back