Is anyone else pg with an early riser?

andreaaa

Reaction score
Was lying down last night trying to hear baby's HB. As I'm still in early pg I held the doppler thingy down by my pubic bone like it says on the instructions, but I couldn't find it at all. Then I moved it up halfway to my bellybutton and there he was, clear as day!

I'm thinking that this might be because its not my 1st pregnancy, but I still think its too early for my uterus to be that high up!

Anyone else had this?

r u sure hun or could you be further on because my doc couldnt find mine at 9 weeks

Well at my last scan 2 weeks ago I was approx 9 weeks so the dates can't be too far out :think:

I did take a video where the doppler picks up babys heartrate at 160 bpm so I know I picked up babys and not mine as mine is around 90 so there's a bit of a difference lol.

Will try and upload the video and you can let me know what you think :)

sounds brill then hun nice big healthy baby 10lb + at birth lmao

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh noes! I wasn't expecting that response he he. My dd was 9 1/2 lb and I needed a fair few stitches so I was hoping this baby might be a little lighter :pray:

Oh well... Why is it so much more fun getting them in there? :rotfl:

I think it pretty much depends on the position of the baby to be honest. At one point, around 17 weeks we were finding the HB just under my belly button and when I went to the Drs she couldn't locate it and I was telling her to try higher. She looked at me like I was insane and told me it was too soon to be that high.

I think the biggest factor is how you use the wand. Sometimes we found the HB at a higher point but the baby was low down and it was because the wand was tilted..

Hunny I think you're listening to your own pulse. Thats too high up for dates sorry. Check the speed of your own pulse on your wrist then check again.

At your stage get a full bladder and put the doppler right on your pubic bone then move it behind it if that makes sense and bubba will be there :)

Hi minime :)

Well, i'd have agreed with you at first. But then I found my hb and pulse all of which were around 90bpm whereas baby was 160bpm!

I'm going to go off and find the linky for the recording I made, although it was yesterday and a little lower down, but the same baby :)

I was the same. My uterus was up just under my belly button by 12 weeks.

The midwife thought it was unusual, so called in another for a second opinion. The two of them prodded and poked some more and decided that either my dates were wrong or there was more than one in there.

I had a scan a few days later which confirmed that my dates were right and there was one baby in there.

Since then it hasn't got an awful lot higher, but bump is now growing more outwards rather than upwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back