Is anyone else considering a homebirth?

You dont usually home birth without a Midwife and a student midwife there so your not alone and they have the equipment they need. If medical assistance is urgently needed an ambulance is called out. Home births as long as your healthy and no problems with pregnancy are just as safe as hospital births. :)

(Im studying to be a Midwife) :)

Oh that's interesting, always assumed the assistance would be delayed if u were at home but guess the midwives know when to ring for help. I'd consider it def...however I worry about needing pain relief and not having options

The midwives are very cautious about letting you proceed at home if it looks like you're finding it difficult, are getting tired or the pain is too much and will transfer you to hospital as soon as they feel that it's not going so well, so generally there is plenty of time for an ambulance to come and take you to hospital in time.

Pain relief available to you will be gas and air and an injectable pain killer such as pethidine or meptid. I've still got my two little vials of meptid in a cabinet at home because I didn't use them, or the gas and air even! I just forgot there was pain relief available and the midwives didn't offer it as I was coping fine with the pain.

In case any of you want to read my home birth story with Tilly, here it is:

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/bir...tilda-elizabeth-born-17-06-12-home-birth.html

xxx

Thank you for sharing this! I absolutely loved reading it and such an inspiration!
You're welcome, hun. Glad it was inspiring xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back