Is anyone doing anything nice for Valentines Day?

Laurababs

Reaction score
Me and the OH are going for a meal at a local hotel, I might even treat myself to 1 drink, my first since Christmas :D I think a proposal might be on the cards too haha a few weeks ago Jaime asked me what size ring i take :cheer: :dance: I wont be happy if im wrong though and he pulls out a bunch of flowers or something :rotfl:

What are you all getting up to?

I'm having a 4d scan of my baby and finding out the sex :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im going for a meal. Wow Laura - how exciting!! :D Hope its a ring :dance: you must keep us posted xx

Laurababs said:
Me and the OH are going for a meal at a local hotel, I might even treat myself to 1 drink, my first since Christmas :D I think a proposal might be on the cards too haha a few weeks ago Jaime asked me what size ring i take :cheer: :dance: I wont be happy if im wrong though and he pulls out a bunch of flowers or something :rotfl:

What are you all getting up to?

Aww ... you will have to keep u posted on whether he does propose.

We have nothing planned :(

ooooh Laura, hope you're right!! Fingers crossed for the ring hon x don't suppose we're doing anything, my hubby took me a bit too seriously when I said a few years ago that we were too broke to make much of v day (i.e. let's not get each other pressies this year) and seems to have convinced himself that that means we pretend it doesn't exist :evil: Somehow however much I tell him that's not what I meant anyway and we're no longer that broke, he doesn't seem to be able to grasp it... funny that...

Thanks girls, i will let you know :)

Aww splashmonkey you never know, maybe he has a big surprise planned!

:cheer: aww how exciting, good luck hun :pray:

we are off out for a meal tonight with friends DS staying at this grandparents so we can have a night off and a lovely lie in tomorrow - perfect!!

Hubby is taking me for a meal as he said "We might not get chance next year!". I might treat myself to a glass of bubbly too! :D

I may cook a nice meal for DH and I along with our little girl!! very romantic.

I think my little girl has made me card at nursery this morning, and it will be the only one I get as DH doesn't bother!

Fingers crossed for you with the ring Laura, enjoy your evening.

xxxxx

we're doing nothing - no presents or meal out because we're too broke to be able to do anything.
We were broke of our anniversary last Nov too so I just cooked us a nice three course meal in the house then...but can't even afford the extra food on the shopping bill for val day so we're having something boring as usual.

I'm getting really fed up of being skint all the time - there are loads of things I want to do include buy some things for the baby but we just can't afford anything. It's really starting to get me down.

We're staying in and getting a takeaway - and I might treat myself to a glass of champagne :dance:

I'll have worked six days straight by tomorrow night, so this is much more appealing to me than having to get dressed up and go out - I can just flop on the sofa and we can cuddle up (although that's probably as far as it'll go as I expect we'll both fall asleep :rotfl: )

Haha sometimes staying in cuddling up in front of the tv can be better than a night out =)

Oooooh Laura I hope he does propose!!!!!!! :pray:

We're going for a meal (hopefully I'll find something on the menu I can/want to eat!) but have decided no pressies so we can put the money towards getting the house finished for the baby!!!

No drinkies for me though - I'm Des for the evening!

Well there's 10 of us goin out tomorrow nite for a meal and there's a disco afterwards - can't imagine it will b the same without a few wee drinks for me - but i shall try, plus i am the designated driver too....

Ah well, its a change of scenery if nothin else...

OH said don't be buying me anything, are u listening, :talkhand: , i just let him talk on - i'll buy something anyhow, always did, maybe he wanted me to say ok then u don't buy me anything either but i didn't :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its a real money spender though, so i don't go overboard.!
A bunch of flowers out of tesco would do lovely and end up dying the same way anyhow :lol: , sis said she's gona go buy herself a bunch this evening :lol: :lol:

And Laura - how exciting - and very romantic indeed, be careful though when you're eating your dinner, it mite be hidden in ur mash :lol: :lol: , i got my ring at christmas ! ! ! :wink:

Haha Thankies, i hope he has more sense than to hide it in my food! i will end up swallowing it and have to poo it out like you see on tv :rotfl:

Hope you all have a good night whatever your upto! Feeel the lurrrrve :D

YAY!! :cheer:
Me neither, time seems to go sooo slowly between scans

Are you girls fining out the sex? My scan is 3rd so around same time :D

At my last scan i found out i was actually 16 weeks so she could tell 90% then that its a boy :) Im too impatient for a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back