Got my scan date Valentines day

MissSara

Reaction score
So thats it my scans now on the 14th feb, by then i will be just over 15weeks, and don't know what to really expect as with harrison i had my scan dead on 12 weeks.

MW told me to remind them to do the downs blood test while im there, saves me going back to her for them done.

And the main question is, will they be able to tell me the sex of our peanut???
Because i'll be over 15 weeks i thought that they might tell me, what do you think? Has anyone been told at that stage before???

Would make a brill valentines day knowing what we are expecting.

Ahh how nice to have your scan on valentines day!!!! What a nice gift.

Sorry but dont know whether they would tell you the sex of the baby but i suppose it is possible that they can see so I guess it is worth asking.

Good luck with the scan!

In not sure about finding out the sex - i think some people who olny have a 15-16 weeek scan have found out but can't speak from experience. Valantines day - what a lovely pressie!

My friend had a 15 week scan and they said they had a very good indication it was a boy. This was backed up at her 20 week and then again when she gave birth :D so I guess they can tell sometimes...

Good luck for the scan :hug:

oooo bit excited now i hope they do give me an indication too, Now i have a date this is when i worry over things that could be wrong when i get there. But i'm sure you all have done that.

Scans at 15 weeks are a lot clearer than 12 week ones so they may well be able to tell!
What a lovely valentines present! Our first scan was on our 2 year anniversary which was cool :)

I have my scan on valentines too! Mine is my 20 week anomoly scan, so a little apprehensive!

I think i had heard that the sex can be determined from about 14-16 weeks, so you may be lucky, but i'm not sure how true that is.

Hope everything goes well for you, let us know how you get on!

How sweet having your scan on valentines :D
That better then any other gift you could possibly want.
Seeing your bubba for the first time.#
They maybye able to tell at 15 weeks
Lol Sarah

what a fab day to have a scan!

Got my first scan on Valentines Day too, will be 18 weeks then! I've been so looking forward to it as it has taken so long to come through. The hospital has apparantly had staffing issues, hope this isnt permanent!

Lovely day to have your scan on :)

I'm not sure if they will tell you so early. Its only around 12 weeks the sex organs develop. At 15 weeks it may well be they won't be able to say, with a decent margin for error. They may say its to early to get a clear look and ask you to wait for a later scan when baby is more developed.

At a 20 week scan things are very clear but even then, mistakes are made, hence the NHS trusts not accepting liability and stating its not 100% guaranteed the sex is correct.

It may also be that the equipment won't pick up that kind of detail on a 15 week old baby, so they won't be able to tell anyways.

Sorry I can't help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back