Is anybody else wondering...

Becc

Reaction score
... where all the piddle comes from at night time? I go to the loo during the day and obviously don't drink anything while I'm asleep and yet I'm finding myself getting out of bed at least twice a night carrying what feels like about 3 pints of wee!!! I'd like to know where it's hiding during all my waking hours :think:

I'm not having to get up in the night for a wee but am finding that i need to go so often during the day. If i'm away from a toilet for more than an hour i start feeling like i have to go! I'm getting very used to weeing in bushes!

Yeah I know what you mean! When I was last up at the hospital, the midwife showed us a bag of water and said this is what people can normally safely hold in their bladder. Then she squeezed it in half and said but this is more likely what you can hold while pregnant because baby uses it as a tramopline! so I guess we just can't hold it in as long as we used to cos there is so little space left :lol:

Ok girls brace yourself - the baby wee's! :?

And it gets taken back into our body and disposed of 'in the usual way' - according to 'What to expect when your expecting!'

Therefore I think when I'm weeing in the middle of the night its baby wee, gross yet worth getting up for :lol:

The baby is weeing inside me??? Awww... that's really truley gross ... not to mention impolite :shakehead:

Why can't the little tinker do it during the day then? I need my sleep... it's hard work growing a person :sleep:

meandthebump said:
I'm not having to get up in the night for a wee but am finding that i need to go so often during the day. If i'm away from a toilet for more than an hour i start feeling like i have to go! I'm getting very used to weeing in bushes!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mama 2 Be said:
Ok girls brace yourself - the baby wee's! :?

And it gets taken back into our body and disposed of 'in the usual way' - according to 'What to expect when your expecting!'

Therefore I think when I'm weeing in the middle of the night its baby wee, gross yet worth getting up for :lol:

hmm i dont think thats possible! I always thought the pee stays in the sack of water and they swallow it to repeat the process. How would its pee even get into our bladder, theres no tube to carry it there? The only tube that links us is the umbilical cord which carrys blood etc

I haven't had too much of a problem at night, always remember it beingbad in third tri though.

But it was fairly unpleasent getting up all the time as I couldnt get out of bed due to spd pain, had to wake OH to help me out and everything :? ( ahhh memories of what is to come!! )

Im up at least twice a night too - have tried not having anything to drink after the drink I have with dinner but alas I still have a full bladder twice a night :doh:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
hmm i dont think thats possible! I always thought the pee stays in the sack of water and they swallow it to repeat the process. How would its pee even get into our bladder, theres no tube to carry it there? The only tube that links us is the umbilical cord which carrys blood etc

OK I'm googling it as we speak but I swear that's what it says in my book (which by all accounts is turning out to be CRAP lately! :roll: ) I even made Hubby read it because I thought it was gross . . .

. . . will let you know if I come up with anything (if not I will be scanning the book in and posting it tomorrow! :lol: )

Wouldn't the wee have to go somewhere though... the baby surely can't just keep swallowing it's own waste for the whole 9 months... that would just be too horrid!! :talkhand:

Ok now I think about it does seem wrong :think: :think: We don't send wee through our belly buttons it comes out of, well we all know where it comes out of so therefore would go into the amniotic sack :think:

Nor can I find anything on google to support the books theory - still going to post the extract from the book when I get in because it's quite clearly wrong! :shakehead:

In which case I have no idea where all the extra wee comes from - sorry! :lol:

this has to be one of the things that piss's me off :rotfl:

getting up all the time, then it takes me ages to get back to sleep cos of my hips!!!

i remeber when i was pregnant with alastair getting up 9 times once :evil:

fancy them babies weeing on us!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :hug: :hug:

chezzabell said:
fancy them babies weeing on us!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :hug: :hug:

Being wee'd ON I can just about cope with... but being wee'd IN is just rude :shakehead:

Ok this is getting really confusing and I would love to know the truth.

Some people on the internet believe that the umbilical cord takes all the waste away (as per my book) and some people believe the baby wees in the amniotic sack and swallows some of their own urine but isn't a problem as the amniotic fluid replaces itself anything from once every 5 days to once every 15 days. :think:

Would like to know the actual process about this now just because it's bugging me.

How does the fluid get replaced then? I would guess that the old fluid gets filtered into our bloodstream... our bloodstream gets filtered through the kidneys as normal and then passes out of the body as urine... although it's just a complete guess!!

Swallowing your own piddle is still gross though!! :lol:

This is grossing me out. I have a weeing little alien in me :(

I hope you come up with an answer Mama 2 Be as this is clearing going to drive you mad until you find out :rotfl:

meandthebump said:
This is grossing me out. I have a weeing little alien in me :(

I hope you come up with an answer Mama 2 Be as this is clearing going to drive you mad until you find out :rotfl:

Possibly the baby is weeing in his little sack so technically the only person he's weeing on is himself! :lol:

:rotfl: I know - Where's HollyHobby when you need her? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I used to wee about 3-4 times a night, but for the last few weeks I've been sleeping all night and not waking up to wee! I think that's 'cause little one is up by my belly button now andnot using my bladder as a bouncy castle lol! :lol: I think the baby does do a bit of wee as well that you have to get rid of..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back