dehydration :(

sazzylou

Reaction score
ugh, Seriously, i wake up everyday with what feels like a blinkin' HANGOVER :x

Im so dehydrated.......im drinking bucket loads of water but it doesnt seem to help.

Ive had to not have any fluids after about 10pm or i dont get any sleep cos i have to keep going to the loo, but now im waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning needing a drink :( Its doing my head in....im fine in the day, i drink pints and pints of water, but then at night i feel rotten :(

I'd mention it to your midwife as I think excessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes. It's probably nothing but I'd get it checked to be safe :hug: :hug:

:shock: diabetes eh? oh poo :(

I shall have it checked! I have a GP apt in a few days so i'll get it sorted :wink: Its only annoying cos i get it at night. Im not really that thirsty in the day, i just make sure to drink a lot of fluids cos its healthy, lol. Oh we'll see! cheers :hug:

It might not be!!, hope I haven't scared you :hug: :hug: :hug: It might just be that you're getting hot at night.

I get something similar to this in the mornings, and like you I stop drinking completely at about 9pm so that I can sleep reasonably well at night.

Normally I drink pints of cordial all day!!

I start each day with a pint of cordial and a bowl of cereal and that seems to help. Might be worth a go? Also if you avoid tea and coffee in the morning that would probably be helpful as they tend to have a diuretic effect.

muppetmummy said:
It might not be!!, hope I haven't scared you :hug: :hug: :hug: It might just be that you're getting hot at night.

no!! Id rather know so i an ask the MW :hug: I appreciate any advice you can give me :D

debecca - i drink pints and pints all day too....I do feel better in the morning once ive had something to drink so hopefully its nowt to worry about :D

Just to give you a little reassurance, I was convinced I had GD as I was drinking pints and pints of water and juice all day (shows you the dangers of googling symptoms).

Anyway I had my GTT today (it was booked weeks ago anyway) and everything was fine.

It was reassuring to have the test anyway, so I'd advise mentioning it to your MW, but don't get too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back