Is af playing tricks on me?

MissCindy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post on the forum, though I've been "spying" on everyone since I started TTC 3 months ago :)

I would like your opinions. I'm 14 dpo today. I tested on day 11 with clearblue digital and got a 'not pregnant' and thought I was out being as it states it's 90% accurate 3 days before af and I always get af at 14 dpo.

That said, I also always get spotting at least 1 day before af, so at 13 dpo when I didn't spot, I decided to get a cheap morrisons test and tested in the afternoon after a 4 hour hold. It was negative as well. At the time I thought, I'm most likely out but if I don't come on by morning I'll test again. I got up to have a wee at 2 am and when I wiped it had a pinkish tinge to it... So I figured I was coming on and decided I wouldn't test in the morning.

When I got up in the morning, I had a tiny bit of brown spotting... Really tiny. But that's the way my af always starts, so I didn't test as I thought it was definitely it.

Only, I've had nothing since. The spotting has completely stopped. No trace of it whatsoever.
No cramps. Nothing. My spotting has never spontaneously stopped like this, it usually starts at 13 dpo and progressively gets heavier until I get full flow at 14 dpo. I also usually get a lot of painful cramps which I don't have at the moment.

What does this mean? Could I be pregnant? Is af playing tricks on me?
Argh, I hate this maybe - maybe not game...

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible you could be pregnant, a lack of usual af symptoms seems to be a good sign for most people. However it is also possible your body is playing tricks on you. My first couple of months I had all sorts of new things happening, I'm sure some of them had happened before and I was just noticing them because I was more aware of my body but some of them were definitely new. Sadly it didn't mean anything.

I know it's frustrating but all you can do is try testing again if af doesn't come. A lot of women on here swear by superdrug tests if you can get one of those, they are more sensitive than clear blue so will show a result earlier.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies,

After another day of spotting today (15dpo) and another bfn this morning, I think af has finally arrived tonight.

At least I know now. What a weird cycle this one has been! That said, I did have to take a fair amount of ibuprofen before and around O as I got a really bad toothache, and only after having taken it did I learn that taking ibuprofen around that time can either delay or prevent O altogether!! So I think it could have something to do with why this cycle has been so weird.

On the plus side, I can now "peacefully" go to my dental appointment tomorrow without having to worry what if I'm pregnant? Is this procedure safe...
Gotta look on the plus side! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back